Access to Higher Education Diploma (Humanities and Social Sciences)Coleg Llandrillo Cymru
Price on request
- Rhos-on-sea (Wales)
What you'll learn on the course
Skills and Training
Would you like to progress into Higher Education? Do you want to prepare for studying a humanities or social sciences subject?
This course gives you the knowledge, skills and confidence to progress onto a related Higher Education course, including degrees in History, English, Geography and other subjects.
The aim of the All Wales Access to HE Diplomas is to give you the skills necessary to progress to and successfully participate in a programme of higher education. They are targeted at learners who have substantial life experience gained since completing compulsory schooling.Entry requirements:
- GCSE English and Maths at Grade D or above would be an advantage, however, no formal qualifications are required.
- Successful applicants will normally have substantial life experience, gained since completing compulsory schooling
- You must also be committed, determined and enthusiastic about the subject
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.Delivery:
Access to Higher Education Diplomas are designed to help you return to studying after a break. As such, the sessions will be participative with a friendly and encouraging atmosphere.
You will work closely with the tutors, learning through formal teaching as well as discussions, demonstrations and project work. The course covers the following areas:
- English Literature
You will study a range of topics from each of these areas, allowing you develop the fundamental skills for studying a humanities subject.
It is also possible to follow a combined studies pathway instead of an identified route. This would allow you to choose a mix of subjects – for example, a combination from Humanities, Social Science and Business Administration. However, you must get this mix approved by the university or college of your choice.
All students will also study the core Access to Higher Education subjects of Numeracy, Communications, Information Technology and Research Project.Assessment:
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Separate tasks for each unit - your tutor will provide you with help and sufficient preparation
- A variety of assessment methods are used, including essays, reports, practical tasks, evaluation of role plays, presentations and short tests.
Completion of this course will give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to progress into Higher Education at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai or many other institutions.
You will have a range of courses to choose from, including degrees in History, English, Geography and other subjects. All our students progressed to the university of their choice.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- BA (Hons) Public and Social Policy, available at Rhos-on-Sea.