Animal Behaviour Diploma

UK Open Learning
Distance

£325
+ VAT
Want to speak to an Advisor about this course?
Want to speak to an Advisor about this course?

Important information

Typology Course
Methodology Distance Learning
Class hours 90 hours of study
  • Course
  • Distance Learning
  • 90 hours of study
Description

On completion of the course students will be able to understand and appreciate a wide variety of the behaviour exhibited by animals in the wild and to a certain extent in the domestic environment. Students will develop an enlightened respect for animals through their diversity and behaviour.
Suitable for: The course has open entry status. Anyone wishing to study the science of animal behaviour can enrol.

Important information

Frequent Asked Questions

· Requirements

According to national framework guidelines, the course is deemed to be Level 2 by the Institute for Animal Care Education.

Course programme

  • Objectives

On completion of the course students will be able to understand and appreciate a wide variety of the behaviour exhibited by animals in the wild and to a certain extent in the domestic environment. Students will develop an enlightened respect for animals through their diversity and behaviour.

The student will receive a thorough grounding in the principles detailed in the programme below.

Detailed lesson objectives are provided on initiating study.

  • Qualification

On successful completion of all of the assignments students will receive a UK Open Learning Diploma in Animal Behaviour.

  • Academic Level

According to national framework guidelines, the course is deemed to be Level 2 by the Institute for Animal Care Education.

  • Assessment

Assessment takes the form of question papers and directed report writing. The reports are designed to test the student's ability to understand the modules as a whole. The question papers are designed to test the students understanding of the individual concepts within the lessons. Reports (3 in total) represent 70% of the total mark; the questions papers (12 in total) represent the remaining 30%.

  • Entry Requirements

There are no entry requirements for this course, the students just need to be committed to follow the guidelines of the course.

  • Tutor Support

You will receive full tutor support by e-mail and post for a full year from the date you receive the course.

Achievements for this centre

Additional information

Students per class: 100

Students that were interested in this course also looked at...
See all