Award in Education & Training - In HouseAned
- Short course
- 48 hours of class
Frequent Asked Questions
· What are the objectives of this course?
To achieve a credible, accredited and recognised qualification to validate your teaching/training expertise. For; credibility, marketing, contracts, running your own accredited centre to offer accredited qualifications, self-confidence and even more effective learning opportunities for your learners. The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is an introduction to teaching that will give an insight into the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training, how to plan and deliver inclusive teaching sessions and how to assess and give constructive feedback.
· Who is it intended for?
These qualifications can help you to progress in teaching/training and support roles roles in a wide range of organisations in the lifelong learning sector. These include: Public sector organisations Private sector organisations Further Education, Adult and Community Education.
This is a professional teaching qualification and the course requires your active participation and the completion of three coursework assignments. Assignments comprise theory and practical work. Assessment includes delivery of a 20 to 25 minute teaching session to the rest of the group. You will need to be able to express yourself effectively both orally and in writing. You will need a qualification or experience in the subject area you intend to teach.
Level 3 Award in Education & Training accredited by ‘AIM Awards’ http://www.aimawards.org.uk/advanced-qualification-search/ofqual/teaching-and-lecturing/education-and-training-level-3-qcf/aim-awards-level-3-award-in-education-and-training-qcf/
· What marks this course apart?
Passionately committed to the benefits of empowering people to learn intrinsically, making learning; relevant, interesting, engaging and challenging through learner led ‘problem-solving’ strategies, in pairs and teams. I.e. andragogy.
· What happens after requesting information?
Further detailed information will be sent by email which includes sample learning materials.
What could be improved The course was really intensive, but with the tutor's help it is just impossible to fall behind.
Would you recommend this course? Yes.
What you'll learn on the course
Special Needs Teaching
Guidance and Counselling
Teachers and trainers (1)
• A member of the Society for Education and Training www.set.et-foundation.co.uk • Aa member of the BILD – British Institute of Learning & Development. www.thebild.org • Training Consultant for a variety of organisations; • Staff Development and Quality Assurance Manager for a College of Further Education and Lecturer since 1987. Subjects including; Teacher training on City and Guilds 7303, 7302, 7307, 7306, 7407 Certificate in Education and (University) Advanced Certificate in Education (all levels). Teaching practice observations.
We are an experienced and approved examination centre accredited to run the following teacher training courses: Award, Certificate and Diploma. We offer home study (distance learning) and regular TAUGHT courses in Rochester (Kent) as well running courses on your own premises on dates to suit you, all over the UK.
Our home study/distance learning programme is tailored to suit your needs. Different programmes for candidates new to teaching or for those who are experienced educators already.
Why complete the teacher training qualification?
1) To demonstrate that you (or your staff) can teach effectively to recognised standards;
2) To achieve/maintain ‘centre approval’, so you can provide accredited qualifications. (Note that some people and organisations benefit from the course without completing the three assignments, as it can provide a 'step change' in practice').
3) To work within the guidelines that inspection bodies (such as external verifiers and moderators from awarding bodies) may be looking to see in an organisation’s educational remit;
4) We will also show delegates the wide ranging and well proven benefits of using ‘andragogic’ (learner centred) teaching methods
5) Internal quality assurance reasons. To assure the quality (and effectiveness) of the organisation’s training function;
6) More effective teachers/trainers may stimulate greater demand for work, increasing the revenue of the teacher/organisation;
7) To explore the underpinning educational theory, to understand WHY current teaching strategies work and also why some teaching strategies may not work;
8) To enable educators to facilitate even more effective learning in their learners in the longer term, which may be important for compliance, risk, legal and safety reasons;
9) To motivate employees and maintain good employees by adding meaningful training and career progression opportunities and CPD (continuing professional development).
Achievements for this centre
Comments: Our courses are not only very cost effective but consistently of a very high quality and can stimulate profound changes in the way people teach. We have been pleased to receive very positive feedback from our candidates through end of programme course evaluations. These can be inspected at any time.
We are very experienced providers of the teacher training courses. Our clients include some very well known organisations, in both the public and private sectors. References from these organisations are available on request.
Credits/Points: 12 (QCF)