B.Sc. Biomedical Science (Hons)The University of Hull
Price on request
- Bachelor's degree
Frequent Asked Questions
English Language Requirements IELTS Take IELTS test 6 CAE score 180(Grade C) TOEFL iBT® test (read more) 79 IMPORTANT NOTE: The UK government confirmed new requirements for secure English language testing for visa and immigration purposes. Learn more
What you'll learn on the course
Skills and Training
This year introduces key concepts that underpin Biomedical Science, such as:
- Skills for Biomedical Science
- Cell Structure and Function
- Chemistry of Life
- Human Physiology
- Microbiology and Immunology.
You will study:
- Blood Sciences incorporating Clinical Chemistry
- Haematology and Transfusion Science
- Biological Basis of Disease
- Clinical Microbiology and Immunology
- Molecular Cell Biology and Histopathology
- Molecular Genetics and Proteomics.
You will also undertake Professional and Research Skills for Biomedical Scientists, which is a module especially designed to provide you with the key skills required to be a biomedical scientist, as well as study and employability skills.Year 3
This year brings optional themes. You are able to choose from a variety of topics including:
- Cancer Biology
- Clinical Haematology
- Infection Control
- Molecular and Medical Parasitology
- Muscle Fitness and Failure
- Reviews in Biomedical Science.
In your final year you will also join one of our research teams to carry out a project based on data generation and analysis.