BA (Honours) Languages with TESOL (French)Sheffield Hallam University
Price on request
- Bachelor's degree
Frequent Asked Questions
· What are the objectives of this course?
Qualify to teach English and spend 18 months abroad working with French speakers.
Entry requirements 2017 entry requirements Normally, five GCSEs at grade C or grade 4 or above including English language and mathematics, plus one of the following • 112 UCAS points including at least 64 points from two A levels or equivalent BTEC National qualifications. You must have at least one A level (minimum grade E) or one AS level (minimum grade C) in one of your chosen programme languages. We accept AS levels and General Studies. Or •96 UCAS points from three A levels or equivalent BTEC National qualifications. You must have at least one A level (minimum grade E) in...
What you'll learn on the course
Four years full-time (including one year work placement)
Typical modules may includeYear one modules
• language 1 • language 2 • contemporary and professional studies 1 • foundation studies in TESOL • exploring second language learningYear two modules
• language 1 • language 2 • contemporary and professional studies 2 • cross-cultural awareness 2 • TESOL classroom teaching and reflection • TESOL abroad
You study for one semester in a foreign university in the country of one of your chosen languages.Year three
• teaching placement abroad in the country of your stronger languageYear four modules
• language 1 • language 2 • contemporary and professional studies 3 • global issues in contemporary society • placement and language research project