Beauty Therapy NVQ Level 2London College of Beauty Therapy
Price on request
Would you recommend this course? Yes.
What you'll learn on the course
Beauty Therapy NVQ Level 2
Manicure, facial, makeup and waxing techniques are all included in this extensive course. After qualification you can progress into employment or onto the NVQ Level 3 programme. Beauty Therapy NVQ Level 2 teaches a wide range of skills. There are nine units in total and these have to be completed to achieve this qualification, and to progress onto Beauty Therapy NVQ Level 3.
This is an extensive course and you must be prepared to put in three to five hours extra study at home each week. We hold weekly tutorial and portfolio sessions which are designed to provide additional support which are compulsory and ensure you keep up with the programme. Programmes involve continuous attendance, for two days a week, over seven months.
When you enrol on this course you are required to participate in the Ideal Home Show Comfort Zone which forms part of your programme and essential work experience. The days of attendance will be in addition to your attendance days at college.
Content - core units
- Health and safety and how to reduce risks in the work place
- Promote additional products or services to clients
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Improve and maintain facial skin condition
- Provide eyelash and eyebrow treatments to include lash perming
- Remove hair using waxing techniques
- Provide manicure treatment
- Provide pedicure treatment
- Provide make-up treatment
Beauty Therapy requires in-depth knowledge of anatomy and physiology. The systems and organs of the body, and the way they work, influence many of the treatments that a therapist will offer, therefore you will study subjects such as the skin and circulatory system.
The qualification is achieved through continuous assessment in both theory and practical treatments, which are undertaken in the salon and nail bar using e-assessment methods. These could be professional discussions with your lecturer or tutor, video clips and stills photographs. An e-portfolio is compiled as part of the evidence for the awarding body, which will contain your projects and evidence of your practical abilities.
Theoretical assessment requires short written answers; arrangements can be made to provide a scribe for those who require learning support.
All learners continue working on clients even after achieving competency to ensure standards are maintained.
- Beauty Therapy NVQ Level 3
- BTEC Certificate in Retail Beauty Consultancy
- Su-Do Tanning Short Course - LCBT Certificate
- Nail Enhancement Short Course - LCBT Certificate
- Hopi Ear Candles - LCBT Certificate
- Ear Piercing - LCBT Certificate
- Nail Art - LCBT Certificate
Course length is dependent on the amount of hours you wish to study per week.
Study for 24 hours per week to gain your Beauty Therapy NVQ level 2 in the shortest possible time.