Business Computing SkillsMaple Academy
- Distance Learning
Business Computing Skills
The Business Computing Skills Course is designed to give you a working knowledge of no less than five popular business applications.
Assuming no previous knowledge or experience, this home study course will teach you the basics of using spreadsheets, word processors, databases, business accounting and desktop publishing applications.
The Course Overview:
- How to get the most out of this course
- An introduction to computers in the workplace
- Finding your way around a PC
- Operating systems discussed
- Understanding jargon
- Word processing
- Basic WP functions
- Layout and design
- Cutting & Pasting
- Saving & Printing
- Using templates
- The Spreadsheet
- Cells, rows and columns
- Using mathematical formulae
- Business applications of spreadsheets
- The Database
- All about fields and records
- Creating a database from scratch
- Automatic sorting
- Business applications of the database
- Accounting packages
- Entering data
- Reconciling to bank statements
- Tracking VAT automatically
- Setting up multiple accounts
- Creating reports
- Desktop Publishing
- Adjusting page layouts
- Inserting text from a word processor
- Including images in documents
- Columns, headers and footers
- Liaising with professional printers
By the time you have completed Module 06 of The Business Computing Skills Course, you will feel confident your ability to perform competently in front of a computer.
No longer will you feel threatened by technology or by the prospect of becoming "surplus to requirements". Instead, you will become of those "key employees" who everyone else turns to when they need help with the PC!
I look forward to welcoming you as a new student.
Director of Studies
We have hugely discounted the course price from £97 to £47, to help new students take advantage of this opportunity in the current 'credit crunch' climate!