CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools - QCFOpen Study College
- NVQ Level 3
- 180 hours of study
- Online campus
- Delivery of study materials
- Support service
- Personal tutor
Frequent Asked Questions
· What are the objectives of this course?
- Gain an understanding of child and young person development - Develop your knowledge in safeguarding and the wellbeing of children and young people - Gain a nationally recognised qualification to kick-start your career
· Who is it intended for?
- Students who want to achieve a nationally recognised qualification in supporting teaching and learning in schools - Want to go onto further vocational training and placement opportunities - Those aspiring to achieve a career in a school as a teaching assistant
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification; however you must be at least 16 years of age. Students also must have basic IT skills and be fluent in English Language.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools. This means that you will achieve a Level 3 qualification on The Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) for England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The qualification number for this course is 500/9963/2.
· What marks this course apart?
CACHE (The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education) qualifications specialise in the care and education sector and are the leading industry specialists. This course has been developed by experts, which ensures everything that employers need is covered.
What could be improved 2 weeks to receive back marked work is somewhat a long time but I value that the tutors have a substantial tasks at hand.
Would you recommend this course? Yes.
What you'll learn on the course
Early Childhood Education
Planning Learning Activities
Legislation and Policy
Structure of Education
Unit 1: Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
(F/601/3327, Unit Level: 3; GLH: 10 hours; Credits: 2)
- Principles of developing positive relationships with children, young people and adults
- Communication with children, young people and adults
- Legislation, policies and procedures for confidentiality and sharing information, including data protection
Unit 2: Schools as organisations
(A/601/3326, Unit Level: 3; GLH: 15 hours; Credits: 3)
- The structure of education from early years to post-compulsory education
- How schools are organised in terms of roles and responsibilities
- School ethos, mission, aims and values
- Legislation affecting schools
- School policies and procedures
- The wider context in which schools operate
Unit 3: Understanding Child and Young Person Development
(L/601/1693, Unit Level: 3; GLH: 30 hours; Credits: 4)
- Development of children and young people from birth - 19 years
- Factors that influence children and young people’s development and how these affect practice
- Monitoring children and young people’s development and interventions that should take place if this is not following the expected pattern
- Importance of early intervention to support the speech, language and communication needs of children and young people
- Potential effects of transitions on children and young people’s development
Unit 4: Understanding How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People
(Y/601/1695, Unit Level: 3; GLH: 25 hours; Credits: 3)
- Legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding children and young people
- Working in partnership with other organisations to safeguard children and young people
- Ensuring children and young people’s safety and protection in the work setting
- Responding to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused or harmed
- Responding to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been bullied
- Working with children and young people to support their safety and wellbeing
- E-safety for children and young people
Achievements for this centre
What is included in the cost of the course?
Dedicated personal tutor support, Dedicated student support, Assignment marking and feedback. FREE NUS Extra card worth £12.00. FREE CV writing service.