Cat Grooming DiplomaAnimal College
- Distance Learning
- 200 hours of study
This course provides a comprehensive and up to date training in all aspects of cat care and grooming, presented in a form, which takes particular note of the needs of students working on their own.
Suitable for: Would you like to learn more about your pet or perhaps work towards a new career in cat care and grooming?
Cat Grooming Diploma
Animal Zoology and Animal Science Higher Diploma
Would you recommend this course? Yes.
Topics covered include species and breed characteristics, basic physiology and health, care and grooming.
As a student you will be allocated a personal tutor who will mark and help you with your work. You will also have access to our tutorial support service during normal office hours, for all the practical advice you may need.
This course includes a number of tutor marked assessments that you complete as part of your coursework and then forward to your tutor at the end of the course. These consist of short answer questions on specific topics within the course.
- All required learning materials to complete your diploma,
- Flexibility to study when and where it suits you best, at home in your own time and at your own pace,
- Telephone, postal and email access to your dedicated tutor,
- Support and encouragement as you work towards your goals,
- Free work placement and careers advisory service to help you plan and embark on your new career on completion of the course.
Course syllabus includes:
- Common breeds and species characteristics,
- Basic physiology,
- Common diseases and illness,
- Parasites and treatment,
- Diet and nutrition,
- Grooming equipment,
- Daily care and general grooming,
- Species specific grooming,
- Diet and condition,
- Dealing with problem behaviour.