Certificate in Higher Education - Business and ManagementKaplan Open Learning
Price on request
- Distance Learning
Foundation Degree involving Criminology
Would you recommend this course? Yes.
What you'll learn on the course
Business and Management
This programme consists of six specialist modules and a double work-based learning module. These modules are critical to students studying business in higher education and cover online learning, study skills, personal development, workbased learning and basic business skills.
Level 4 Modules include:
* Introduction to Online Learning and Personal Development Planning (15 Credits)
* Business Environment (15 Credits)
* Fundamentals of Marketing (15 Credits)
* Business and Management Skills (15 Credits)
* Business Finance (15 Credits)
* Human Resource Management (15 Credits)
* Work Based Learning 1 (30 Credits)
Successful applicants to the programme will have a combination of academic qualifications, experience and motivation and show the potential to complete their chosen course successfully.
All entrants need to have GCSE grade C or above, or its equivalent, in English and Mathematics. If English is not the students´ first language, IELTS (Academic) 6.0 or equivalent is required.
Successful applicants will need to demonstrate:
- If English is not the students´ first language, they have passed IELTS (Academic) 6.0 or equivalent
- They have the resources and time available to study online
- They understand the programme, the advantages and the challenges of online learning
- They are employed in an environment where they can benefit from work based learning
- They hold either the minimum academic qualifications or can demonstrate appropriate work experience and ability as detailed below.
Successful applicants will need to have passed one of the following:
- one full 'A' level
- an Advanced GNVQ, NVQ or other level 3 vocational qualification
- an Advanced Modern Apprenticeship which includes level 3 qualifications
Students that do not meet the minimum academic standards
Successful applicants will need to demonstrate that:
- They are currently working in an environment, and have done so for more than one year, where a significant element of the work is in areas identified in the modules of the Foundation Degree
- The lack of prior qualifications is not a fair reflection of aptitude for Higher Education. This may take the form of extenuating circumstances during the most recent period of formal education
- The application form, employment history and interview demonstrate an appropriate level of literacy
- They meet the AP(E)L requirements
We may require students to complete additional basic literacy tests prior to acceptance on the programme.