Child Daycare ManagementDCA Home Learning
- Distance Learning
Veterinary Support Assistant
What could be improved There is no tutor beyond operational assistance. No class forums. All exams are multiple choice so no feedback from tutors. Could do with some essays to show we gained a working knowledge of the subject.
Course taken: April 2011 | Would you recommend this course? Yes.
Child Daycare Management - NCFE Level 3 Award
Reach Your Potential in Child Daycare Management
Do you want to see children develop in a safe, supportive environment?
If your ideal career includes working with children, having stability in your work, opportunity and reward, then a career in Child Daycare Management could be what you are looking for.
With government encouragement, more and more parents are returning to work while their young children are being cared for in daycare centres. This means that much of the guidance of young children is now being shared with professional childcare workers
Child Daycare Management Course Outline
If you want a career as a Child Daycare Manager, our supported distance learning Child Daycare Management course provides the necessary knowledge, skills and qualification without disrupting your current lifestyle.
Working with Young Children
- Social changes and child care
- Physical development in the first two years of life
- Social and emotional development in the first two years
- Physical, intellectual and emotional development in two-year-olds
- Physical, intellectual and emotional development in three-year-olds
- Understanding four- and five-year-olds
- Setting and enforcing rules
- Building guidance skills
- Techniques for effective guidance
- Handling daily routines such as eating, napping, dressing and undressing
- Causes of and reactions to tension
- Creating a safe and healthy environment
- Arranging space
- Selecting toys and equipment
- Safety rules and guidelines
- Planning nutritious meals and snacks
- Health concerns and procedures to follow
Learning Experiences for Children
- Techniques for guiding art experiences
- Storytelling and reading aloud
- Socio-dramatic play and puppetry
- Pre-writing and early writing
- Planning science activities
- Social studies experiences
- Food, music and movement experiences
- Planning good field trips
The Importance of Planning
- Written curriculum planning
- Parent involvement
- Infant and toddler care and guidelines
- Special needs children
- Job hunting
- Preparing for an interview
Child Daycare Management Career Opportunities
With the encouragement of the Government, people are returning to work while their young children are being cared for in either state or private daycare centres. This also means that the Government is looking to the people who are employed in child daycare centres to be better trained and have more qualifications.
This means that much of the guidance of young children is now being shared with professional childcare workers. This can bring many benefits toward enriching the lives of these children and broadening their horizons. However, it requires high stardards of dedication and training on the part of the men and women assuming these key roles. As there is a high level of responsibility being placed on the shoulders of childcare workers, strict standards and guidelines have been implemented for daycare facilities and their staff.