Children’s Care Learning and Development (CCLD) Level 3Mapalim
What you'll learn on the course
Learning and Development
The Level 3 CCLD NVQ is a qualification for those working with children aged 0-16 years and who work unsupervised in roles such as child minder, day care supervisor, pre-school supervisor, Sure Start worker or community nursery nurse.
Achieving Level 3 is an assurance to current and future employers that skills are up-to-date and at the necessary level. The award can help to gain access to further training and assessment such as sector endorsed foundation degrees and HNC/D qualifications.
This award gives candidates an opportunity to meet and network with fellow childcare professionals. The qualification is structured to allow the candidate to work at their own pace, with their own assessor during working hours.
3 to 18 months, dependent on the individual candidates competencies and their dedication to the award.
* Develop and promote positive relationships
* Develop and maintain a healthy, safe and secure environment for children
* Promote children's development
* Reflect on and develop practice
* Protect and promote children's rights
Optional units From Group A and B
* Plan and implement curriculum frameworks for early education
* Provide leadership for your team
* Support early intervention for the benefit of children and families
* Maintain and develop a child minding business
* Involve families in the childcare setting.
* Co-ordinate special educational needs in early education settings
To achieve the qualification candidates must complete all five core units plus two optional units from group A and two optional units from group B. Assessment is through direct observation within a childcare setting, combined with inspection of supplementary evidence such as assignments, professional discussion, witness testimonies and work products
The awarding body for this qualification is Edexcel.