CPC National Road Haulage for Transport Managers - Unit 1Layop
To pass OCR examinations to gain the CPC Qualifications. For Transport Managers who wish to study for the OCR Certificate of Professional Competence Qualifications. For Transport Managers who wish to refresh their knowledge and keep up to date with current legislation, even after they have gained the Transport Manager's CPC qualification.
Suitable for: Road Haulage Transport Managers
OCR NVQ Level 3 Qualifications
What you'll learn on the course
Oxford Cambridge and RSA examinations
Level 3 Certificate of Professional Competence
UNIT 1- UNDERSTANDING THE LEGAL AND BUSINESS CONTEXT FOR ROAD TRANSPORT OPERATIONS
It is recommended that you spend a minimum of 25 hours of study time preparing for this unit.
You will need to know, understand and be able to apply various principles of the law to the general business operation, including aspects of:
- How businesses do business with each other (Contract Law)
- What type of legal organisation a business can be
- How companies and individuals are taxed
- Who protects employees (Trade Unions)
- Running a safe business
- The rights of employees and employers
- How the Working Time Directive can affect the workforce
- How a business is financed
- What the figures on the final accounts mean - profit & loss, balance sheet etc.
- How the figures on the final accounts can tell whether the business is financially sound or not
- How to market the business, and keep effective records
- Consider the environment
- What to do to continue with "Business as usual" if an emergency occurs