CQI Quality Planning in the Product LifecycleOpportunity Training & Tuition
- Distance Learning
- Distance learning
- 40 hours of study
Potential job roles: Quality Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, Customer Service Manager, Operations Manager, Business Improvement Manager, Business Systems Manager, Senior Quality Manager, Quality Management Specialist/Consultant.
Suitable for: New and existing quality practitioners with the knowledge and skills to plan and manage an organization's quality management function.
Requirements: Learners will demonstrate they meet the assessment criteria by a written end of unit assignment/project.
CQI Unit U508: Quality Planning in the Product Lifecycle
Distance Learning, South Yorkshire, England
Unit aim: To be able to design and coordinate quality management activities that support the product or service through its whole life cycle from conception to disposal, supporting the various business functions involved in each part of the process.
Assessment type: Assignment/project
Every successful candidate can at the end of this unit:
- Explain the factors to be considered in defining the brief for development of new products and services
- Determine activities that should take place in the new product development process from initial idea through market research, design, design review, product/service provision to final disposal
- Identify quality inputs and outputs required for satisfactory completion of each activity
- Identify risks that can result from the inefficient completion of each activity
- Evaluate the business benefits of using of a cross-functional approach
- Explain the purpose and application of quality tools to improve the effectiveness of each phase of new product development