CTH Diploma in Hotel ManagementEThames Graduate School
Price on request
What you'll learn on the course
The Diploma in Hotel Management aims to provide students with a broad understanding of the operational aspects of the international hotel industry, and a knowledge of the underlying principles involved.
The hospitality industry is one of the largest industries in the world providing job opportunities to millions. Each year progressively more meals and bed nights are purchased, which is why the hotel industry is experiencing rapid growth. Customers are becoming ever more demanding in their requirements for high standards of service and facilities. It is only through a professional and structured training that the industry can meet these demands.
Successfully completion of the CTHCM Diploma programme gives direct entry to a CTHCM Higher Diploma course.
Typical Programme Structure
- Food and Beverage Operations
- Food Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Front Office Operations
- Facilities and Accommodation Operations
- Hospitality Finance
- Introduction to Business Operations
- The Tourism Industry
- Business Computing
- Understanding the Global Hospitality Industry
Assessment for all units is via external exams held three times a year.
* A levels or overseas equivalent, or 5 GCSEs.
* English Language competency. e.g. IELTS 5.5 (for overseas students)
Duration: 12 months
Awarding Body: Confederation of Tourism, Hotel and Catering Management (CTH)