Executive Secretarial and PA DiplomaGlobal Edulink
- Intensive course
Frequent Asked Questions
· Who is it intended for?
This course is especially suited for: – Students that prefer to pace themselves, and benefit from responsive trainer support. – Office Admins, PAs and Secretaries looking to further their careers.
No formal qualifications are required to enrole on the course, which is open to students from the full spectrum of academic backgrounds. Having prior experience in elements of the course is seen as an advantage, and a minimum age of 19 has been set for those wishing to study for the qualification. We ask that students attending the course have a basic proficiency in English, as well as numeracy literacy and core ICT skills
· What marks this course apart?
A secretarial position can often act as a stepping stone to other roles within an organisation, so it’s worth bearing this in mind when you’re planning where you want to go with your career. The job requirements for secretarial and administrative skills tend to change as technology and office environments progress, so it’s important to stay up to date with best practices and latest development. This online programme provides a ‘classroom feel’ thanks to effective mentoring and the provision of key study materials, as well as a student’s forum, guiding you towards your qualification.
· What happens after requesting information?
On receiving your request, one of our staff members will call you or send you a message by explaining everything about the course you are requesting information, including how you can sign up, payment options, exam, and enrollment requirements etc.
What you'll learn on the course
Delivering Postal Mail
Teachers and trainers (1)
This course for a Diploma in Executive Secretarial and Personal Assistant covers key areas following the 07 units
1. JOB FUNCTIONS AND DESCRIPTION OF A SECRETARY/ AND PA
- Job functions and Description of a Secretary/ PA
2. DIARY MANAGEMENT
- Diary Management
- Diary and Time Management with Outlook
3. BUSINESS REPORTS AND LETTER WRITING
- Business Writing Skills
- Introduction to Business Report Writing
- Exploring Reports
- How to Prepare for Writing
- Exercise Files: Business Report Writing
4. E-MAILS WRITING TIPS
- Introduction to Effective Email Writing
- Writing Email Messages
- Email Manners
5. HANDLING CONFIDENTIAL DOCUMENTS
- Handling Confidential Documents
6. SUCCESSFUL MEETING MINUTES
- Taking Minutes
7. NOTE TAKING
- Note Taking
- Exercise Files: Note Taking
8. DATA MANAGEMENT, RECORD KEEPING AND FILING
- Data Management & Record Keeping
9. APPOINTMENT BOOKING AND ARRANGING INTERVIEWS
- Appointment Booking and Arrange an Interview
10. DELIVERING POSTAL MAIL
- Delivering Postal Mail
12. CUSTOMER SERVICE AND TELEPHONE HANDLING SKILLS
- Customer Service Basics Over the Phone
- Get the facts- ask the right questions
- Discuss Solutions- learning to listen
- Dealing with difficult customers
- Developing Inbound & Outbound Telephone Skills
- Hot Telephone Tips
13. ORGANISING A MEETING
- Organising a Meeting
- Exercise Files: Organising Meeting
- Introduction to Accounting
- Financial & Managerial Accounting
15. INVOICING/PETTY CASH
- Invoicing and Petty cash
16. DOCUMENT PROOFREADING
- Document Proofreading
17. QUICKBOOKS FOR PAYROLL MANAGEMENT
- Introduction to QuickBooks
- Setting up the Employee Payroll
- Running the Payroll
- Exercise Files: QuickBooks for Payroll Management
18. TIPS FOR SPEED READING
- Tips for Speed Reading
19. CREATING AN EFFECTIVE CV AND COVER LETTER
- Business Resumes & Job Applications
- How to Gather Information for Your CV
- Write your CV
- CV Writing Tips and Layouts
- Different CV Formats
- Saving a CV to Different Formats and Online CV Banks
- Finishing Your CV
- Exercise Files: Creating an Effective CV
20. TIME MANAGEMENT
- Introduction to Time Management
- Fundamentals of Productivity
- How to Use Your Calendar Effectively
- Setting up Priorities and Schedule
- Timer Budgeting
- Exercise Files: Time Management
21. MOTIVATING EMPLOYEES
- Motivating Employees
22. TYPING SPEED DEVELOPMENT
- Effective Typing
23. MICROSOFT WORD
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- First Step to MS Word
- Text Editing & Formatting
- Formatting Paragraph and Pages
- Creating Styles, Themes, Number and Bullets
- Columns & Tables
- Macros and Proofing
- Sharing and Reviewing Documents
- Modify Word Document
- Exercise Files: Microsoft Word 2016
24. MICROSOFT EXCEL
- Getting Started with Microsoft Excel
- Data Entering
- Creating Formulas and Functions
- Worksheet Views, Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
- IF, VLOOKUP, and Power Functions, Security & Sharing
- Data Management, Data Analysis Tools
- PivotTables & Macros
- Exercise Files: Microsoft Excel 2016
25. MICROSOFT POWERPOINT
- Getting Started with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Working with Presentations & Slides
- Adding Pictures & Contents to Slides
- Adding Shapes, Diagrams, Charts, Video, Audio, and Animation to Slides
- Preparing & Delivering the Presentation
- Reusing and Sharing Presentations
- Exercise Files: Microsoft PowerPoint 2016
26. MICROSOFT OUTLOOK
- Getting Started with Outlook
- Adding and Connecting Accounts, Reading & Organizing Mails
- Creating and Sending Mail, Creating and Working with People
- Working with Delegates & Calendars
- Creating Tasks and Notes, Working with Outlook Data
Assessment method & certification:
At the end of the course comes a multiple choice online assessment, which offers instant grading thanks to an automatic marking system. On completion, successful candidates will receive “Diploma in Executive Secretarial and Personal Assistant Training”.
At the end of the course, students will:
– Know the role carried out by a secretary, PA or assistant, as well as the skill set attached to it.
– Have developed advanced communication skills, including ways to put forward ideas.
– Possess an improved business writing ability that allows them to be effective in writing for a number of audiences.
– Recognise management styles and methods of working that are conducive to better relationships with management.
– Understand the importance of time management, and possess enhanced scheduling and diary skills.
– Be confident in meeting organisation.
– Produce and lay out an agenda for meetings.
– Understand office ergonomics and its impact on work life for employees.
– Prepare business documentation using Microsoft Office applications.
Benefits you will gain:
By enrolling in to this course, you’ll get:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- Includes step-by-step tutorial videos and an effective, professional support service.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Access Course Content on Mobile, Tablet or Desktop.
- Study in a user friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
On completion of the course, you will have many different career paths open to you, from Office Manager roles, to PA and Secretary positions working under company directors and executives, as well as more senior management-based roles.