First Aid at WorkTwynham Training
Price on request
To enable candidates to summon help & give prompt and efficient First Aid to a casualty at the workplace following an injury or illness using material to hand and HSE approved first aid equipment.
233a Smugglers Lane North, BH23 4QJ, Dorset, England
First Aid at Work (FAW)
First Aid equipment and first aid trained personnel at the workplace are requirements of Health & Safety law. In emergencies, First Aiders can act to prevent situations becoming major issues and can limit potential sick leave through prompt action.
All organisations must comply with Health & Safety (First Aid) regulations. If a risk assessment identifies that First Aiders are needed, this Health & Safety approved course is essential.
- Introduction to First Aid.
- Course requirements & qualifications.
- Important notes on First Aid.
- The aims of First Aid.
- Accident Management.
- Primary & secondary Surveys.
- Breathing Problems.
- Resuscitation & Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation.
- Circulatory Problems.
- Heart Attack.
- Control of Bleeding.
- Slings & Dressings.
- Internal Bleeding.
- Chest Injuries.
- Causes of Unconsciousness.
- Skeletal Injuries.
- Eye injuries.
- Duties as a First Aider.
- HSE Regulations & contents of a typical first aid at work kit.
- Final Assessment:
- Unconscious casualty management/ Recovery position
- Conscious casualty management.
A Certificate of Competence approved by the Health & Safety Executive will be awarded upon successful completion of the course. This will be valid for three years.
Number of Delegates:
Cost on Application.