First Aid at WorkTwynham Training
Price on request
First Aid at Work (FAW)
First Aid equipment and first aid trained personnel at the workplace are requirements of Health & Safety law. In emergencies, First Aiders can act to prevent situations becoming major issues and can limit potential sick leave through prompt action.
All organisations must comply with Health & Safety (First Aid) regulations. If a risk assessment identifies that First Aiders are needed, this Health & Safety approved course is essential.
- Introduction to First Aid.
- Course requirements & qualifications.
- Important notes on First Aid.
- The aims of First Aid.
- Accident Management.
- Primary & secondary Surveys.
- Breathing Problems.
- Resuscitation & Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation.
- Circulatory Problems.
- Heart Attack.
- Control of Bleeding.
- Slings & Dressings.
- Internal Bleeding.
- Chest Injuries.
- Causes of Unconsciousness.
- Skeletal Injuries.
- Eye injuries.
- Duties as a First Aider.
- HSE Regulations & contents of a typical first aid at work kit.
- Final Assessment:
- Unconscious casualty management/ Recovery position
- Conscious casualty management.
A Certificate of Competence approved by the Health & Safety Executive will be awarded upon successful completion of the course. This will be valid for three years.
Number of Delegates:
Cost on Application.