Fitness InstructorDCA Home Learning
- Distance Learning
Suitable for: Level 3
NCFE Level 3 Award
Veterinary Support Assistant
What could be improved There is no tutor beyond operational assistance. No class forums. All exams are multiple choice so no feedback from tutors. Could do with some essays to show we gained a working knowledge of the subject.
Course taken: April 2011 | Would you recommend this course? Yes.
Supported Home Study
Reach Your Potential as a Fitness Instructor
How would you like to help the nation get fit?
If you would like to be the one people turn to for help in achieving their fitness goals, then this course is a great way to start.
Exercise is essential to staying healthy. More and more people are accepting that fact and are making exercise and fitness central to their lives. As keeping fit becomes part of everyday routine so the role of the fitness instructor increases in significance.
Imagine the satisfaction when you help people lose weight, become fitter and healthier, tone and shape their bodies or train to succeed in a particular sport. But everyone is different, so your role will be to work with your clients to design personal course that really work for them. You'll learn a wealth of information covering everything from how to assess a client's current fitness levels through to body composition and how to improve muscle strength.
What's the best bit? When your clients reach their goals it means you have too!
The Physiology of Exercise
- Exercise metabolism
- Hormonal response to exercise
- Measurement of work, power and energy expenditure
- The nervous system
- Circulatory adaptations to exercise
- Respiration during exercise
- Temperature regulation
- The physiology of training
Physiology of Health and Fitness
- Patterns in health and disease
- Tests to evaluate cardiorespiratory fitness
- Exercise prescriptions for health and fitness
- Exercise for groups with specific circumstances
- Body composition and nutrition for health
Training and Performance
- Factors affecting performance
- Tests to evaluate performance
- Training principles
- Components of a training session
- Training for:
- - Aerobic power
- - Endurance
- - Anaerobic power
- - Improving muscular strength
- - Improved flexibility
- Common training mistakes
- Training for special groups
- Nutrition, body composition and performance
- Exercise and the environment
Full Payment Now: a single payment of £529.00 by cheque, postal order or credit card. Monthly Payments: Take advantage of our Easy Payment Plan. Make a deposit of £39.00 and 12 monthly installments of £40.83. There are NO INTEREST CHARGES.