Full Time Osteopathic Medicine - BSc (Hons)Nescot
Price on request
- Bachelor's degree
- Ewell, epsom
4 years full-time
The 4-year Osteopathic Medicine BSc (Hons) at Nescot College is a full-time course delivered by the college's Surrey Institute of Osteopathic Medicine (SIOM) which is recognised by the General Osteopathic Council as an accredited provider of Osteopathic education. Students successfully completing the course can apply to the General Osteopathic Council for inclusion on the Register of Osteopaths.
The passing of the Osteopaths' Act 1993 has brought osteopathic medicine to the forefront of primary health care in the UK. This four-year course is designed to meet the educational requirements of this rapidly expanding profession.
The course draws upon traditional osteopathic philosophy, as well as current and emergent bio-medical models, to provide you with the professional skills, knowledge and ethics essential for safe and competent practice.
Level 1 (Foundation):
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Philosophy of Osteopathy and Body Mechanics
- Introduction of Palpation and Articulatory Techniques.
Level 2 (Core):
- General Pathology
- Applied Anatomy and Neurology
- Applied Principles and Body Mechanics
- Clinical Skills and Manipulative Procedures
- Clinical Practice.
Level 3 (Integration):
- Clinically Orientated Problem Solving
- Differential Diagnostic Skills
- Applied Osteopathic Medicine
- Literary Review and Clinically-based Research Project
- Clinical Practice
- Specialist Treatment Procedures.
Assessment: Exams, coursework, practicals, clinical assessment, profile.
- Registered Osteopath
- MSc Osteopathy.
Related keywords: Chiropractor; Chiropractics; Manual Therapy; Complementary Health; Physiotherapy
Osteopathy Open Days - find out more.