Health Care Management MBAKensington College Of Business
Price on request
You will have developed the knowledge and skills to: Integrate all aspects of management in strategic decision making. Manage and control different disciplines such as finance, marketing and human resource within a health care organization. Manage relationships with employees and clients. Manage processes and achieve the desired results within a health care organization. Continuously introduce and apply best practices from comparative health care. systems at local and international level to improve the existing systems and processes of a health care organization
Requirements: Entry onto the MBA programmes is the standard University of Wales matriculation requirements, either an initial degree recognised by the University of Wales or with 2 years relevant experience in a management capacity.
MBA in Health Care Management
Wesley House 4 Wild Court, WC2B 4AU, London, England
Why take this course?
The need for suitably qualified Leaders and Managers within the expanding Health Care Sector
Leaders and managers with the right knowledge and skills in health care management are highly sought after in the continuously expanding public, private and not-for-profit Health Care Sector organizations. There is a high demand across the world including; hospitals, private medical practices, nursing and care homes, pharmaceutical companies, etc.
A highly recognised “MBA Health Care Management” qualification will prepare you for a successful career
It is now considered essential to have a professional approach towards the management of a health care organization with an appreciation of the specific needs and requirements of the industry. An MBA in Health Care Management will enable you to successfully lead Health Care Sector organizations. The “MBA Health Care Management” qualification will enhance the career prospects of people from different backgrounds
- Medical Doctors who wish to advance to senior positions within Medical establishments or gain managerial knowledge and skills to manage their private practices
- Para Medical graduates and professionals including from within the disciplines of Nursing and Pharmacology who wish to enhance their career prospects within health care sector
- Graduates and professionals from other disciplines who wish to make a career move
Knowledge & Skills
- Upon successful completion of the MBA Health Care Management Course you will have developed the knowledge and skills to:
- Integrate all aspects of management in strategic decision making
- manage and control different disciplines such as finance, marketing and human resource within a health care organization
- manage relationships with employees and clients
- manage processes and achieve the desired results within a health care organization
- continuously introduce and apply best practices from comparative health care systems at local and international level to improve the existing systems and processes of a health care organization
- It is possible to find rewarding career opportunities at senior managerial level within a wide range of institutions such as hospitals, medical practices, medical consultancy, pharmaceutical institutions, care facilities, nursing homes, community centres, etc.
- These careers are stimulating, socially rewarding, and well paid.
COURSE CONTENT AND ASSESSMENT
The course contains nine modules in which there are seven compulsory modules, two optional modules and a project. The assessments are exams and coursework based. Students have to pass 9 modules plus the Dissertation to be awarded the MBA Marketing.
No Module Name Assessment
1 Managing Finance 1 Exam
2 Managing Markets 1 Coursework
3 Managing Information 1 Coursework
4 Managing People 1 Exam
5 Managing Operations 1 Exam
6 Managing Strategy 1 Coursework
7 Research Methods 1 Coursework
8 A Strategic Perspective 1 Coursework
of Health Care Manage-
9 Comparative Study of 1 Coursework
Contemporary Issues in
Health Care Management
10 Dissertation 15000-20000 words.
Course Duration and structure
The course duration is 12 months of full-time study, which is divided into 4 terms with flexible start dates in January, April, July and October every year.
The year (12 months) is divided into 4 terms and students study 3 modules per term for the first 3 terms with the Dissertation in the final term.
Term Duration Study
1 3 months 3 modules
2 3 months 3 modules
3 3 months 3 modules
4 3 months Dissertation
Total 12 months 9 Modules plus Dissertation