Level 2 Award in Food SafetyCPL Training
- Short course
- 1 hour of study
What you'll learn on the course
Knowledge of basic food safety procedures is a legal requirement for all food handlers. Therefore, anyone in a job role involving the cooking, preparation or serving of food should take this qualification.
Gain the qualification you need to demonstrate that you have the knowledge needed to prepare, cook and handle food safely.
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Define food safety.
- State the symptoms and causes of food poisoning.
- State the benefits associated with good food safety.
- State the sources of food poisoning bacteria.
- Describe how food poisoning can occur and how it can be prevented.
- Define cross-contamination.
- State the requirements for construction for food premises.
- Define the term “food pest”.
- State the statuary requirements for food premises.
- State the benefits of a documented food management system.