Level 3 Award Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning SectorGet Licensed
- In 61 locations
This course teaches you to develop an awareness of own professional role, the essential value systems which underpin it and the legal requirements for carrying out this role, build up knowledge of principles of learning, teaching and assessment and evaluation.
Suitable for: The purpose of this city and guilds 6302 scheme is to provide an introduction for those who wish to train or teach. It is a qualification that will equip a wide range of trainers, facilitators and teachers to support learners. City and guilds 6302 is a stepping stone award and replaces the c&g 7302 and micro-teaching element of the old certificate in further and adult education teaching (7307 stage 1). It is ideal for trainers in commerce, industry, public and voluntary sectors or hm forces, who might not have had the opportunity to build up teaching hours.
Requirements: Students would need to be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English
City & Guilds 7303 PTLLS
122 Huntly Street, AB10 1SU, Aberdeen City, Scotland
22 Ormeau Avenue, BT2 8HS, County Antrim, Northern Ireland
New Street, B2 4RX, West Midlands, England
245 Broad Street, B1 2HQ, West Midlands, England
145 Alcester Street, B12 0PJ, West Midlands, England
282-286 North Promenade, FY1 2EZ, Lancashire, England
SIA Licence - Security Guard Training
What could be improved Lack of professionalism. I turned up for the course only to find it over subscribed and was sent home I live 35 miles away-When I got home I waited all day for a response to an email complaint to them and at time of writing no response--instructors attitude at course very poor-will not use them again.
Course taken: October 2012 | Would you recommend this course? No.
Level 3 award: preparing to teach in the lifelong learning sector (ptlls):
This new qualification has replaced the city & guilds 7303 certificate.
C&g 6302 is related to and overlaps the following existing city and guilds awards:
- c&g 7402 certificate indelivering learning (an introduction)
- c&g 7318 learning and development awards (level 3, 4 and 5) role and responsibilities
- c&g 7407 certificate in further education teacher (level 4)
How long is the course?
City and guilds 6302 is an intense course, run over five consecutive days to meet the requirements of thirty+ hours class contact time. You will be expected to successfully complete two assignments, stipulated by city & guilds, that will make up the necessary evidence to prove your knowledge and understanding of the five topics in the award. As you work your way through the c&g 7303 course we will ensure that your assignments are vocationally relevant to you and your work.
The topics in the city and guilds 6302 course are:
- section 1: understand own role, responsibilities and boundaries of role in relation to teaching
- section 2: understand appropriate teaching and learning approaches in the specialist area
- section 3: demonstrate session planning skills
- section 4: understand how to deliver inclusive sessions which motivate learners
- section 5: understand the use of different assessment methods and the need for record keeping
To achieve the qualification, candidates must successfully complete both the theory and practice assignments covering all five sections. You will be required to organise your work in a systematic way and produce a programme folder containing all the required tasks.
The primary c&g 7303 course objectives are:
- adopt an integrative approach to the theory and practice of teaching and training
- reflect on own previous/current levels of experience, practice and skills, and potential for development.
- Build up knowledge of principles of learning, teaching and assessment and evaluation.
- Develop own communication and interpersonal skills.
- Develop an awareness of own professional role, the essential value systems which underpin it and the legal requirements for carrying out this role.
Whilst you are a student on the city and guilds 6302 course you will have the support of trained staff and the other students who will be from a wide range of organisations and vocational areas. You require no specific prior qualifications, learning or experience to take this qualification