AS Level Italian (ITAL-S)Woodhouse College
Price on request
- A Level
AS Level Italian (ITAL-S)
What will I learn on this course?
· Topics will cover: Youth culture & concerns, Lifestyle, health and fitness, The world around us, Education and employment.
· Basic grammar and vocabulary to communicate appropriately.
· Reading, writing, speaking and listening skills covered equally.
· Reading materials taken from authentic sources such as newspapers and magazines.
· Listening sources such as news reports, announcements, weather reports and interviews.
· Writing will involve letters or reports to present information and opinions in Italian.
· Speaking will require a demonstration of knowledge about the chosen topic area.
What kind of assessments will I have to complete to get my qualification?
· Unit 1 (30%) is a speaking exam lasting 8-10 min and consisting of a 4 set questions included in a stimulus card, followed by a discussion that moves away from the main focus of the stimulus, but is still related to the chosen area.
· Unit 2 (70%) will test listening, reading and writing skills in 2 1/2 hours; answers range from non-verbal to full written responses.
What kind of student is this course suitable for?
Someone who is interested in languages to communicate and who enjoys learning about other cultures.
What could I do with a qualification in this subject?
If you are thinking of a future career in business, travel, the arts and media, even in conjunction with a science, then learning another language would be highly desirable.
What do I need to know or be able to do before taking this course?
To study Italian you will need at least a grade B at G.C.S.E or be a native speaker. You must be prepared to talk in Italian in small groups and sometimes to the whole class. It would be ideal if you could go to Italy or another Italian-speaking country for an exchange or study visit, or a Work Experiences placement during your A Level course.