LGVTransport Training Services Ltd
Price on request
15 Dundrod Road Nutts Corner, BT29 4SS, County Antrim, Northern Ireland
Transport Training Services Ltd can offer training for the vocational licences listed below.
Rigid goods vehicles between 3500kg and 7500kg towing a trailer up to 750kg.
Rigid goods vehicles over 3500kg towing a trailer up to 750kg.
C1 + E
As for Category C1 but towing a trailer over 750k, total weight not more than 12000kg.
C + E
All lorries over 3500kg towing a trailer over 750kg.
Procedure for obtaining a vocational driving licence for LGV.
1. Your doctor should complete a medical examination using a DLM1 form available from DVLNI.
2. Send the completed medical form along with an application for a driving licence - DL1 form from DVLNI - and your driving licence to the DVLNI. Ensure that you tick the boxes for all the licence categories that you want a provisional entitlement for (eg Category C).
3. On receipt of your provisional licence you can proceed with the 4 modules required to obtain a commercial licence.
4. Module 1 - Theory test and Hazard Perception. Prior to sitting a theory test it is recommended that you study driver theory. Books are available from all major retailers and DVDs / CD Roms are also available. Training is available at Transport Training Services Ltd on request.
5. Module 2 - Theory test case study exam. (From Sept 2009)
6. Once you have passed your theory test you can be assessed by a TTS instructor to estimate the number of training days required.
7. Module 3 - Practical Driving Test. Your training will conclude with a practical test at a DVTA testing centre.
8. Module 4 - Driver CPC Practical test (from Sept 2009)
9. Once you have passed all modules you can then have your licence endorsed with this full LGV category.