LGVTransport Training Services Ltd
Price on request
- Crumlin (Northern Ireland)
Transport Training Services Ltd can offer training for the vocational licences listed below.
Rigid goods vehicles between 3500kg and 7500kg towing a trailer up to 750kg.
Rigid goods vehicles over 3500kg towing a trailer up to 750kg.
C1 + E
As for Category C1 but towing a trailer over 750k, total weight not more than 12000kg.
C + E
All lorries over 3500kg towing a trailer over 750kg.
Procedure for obtaining a vocational driving licence for LGV.
1. Your doctor should complete a medical examination using a DLM1 form available from DVLNI.
2. Send the completed medical form along with an application for a driving licence - DL1 form from DVLNI - and your driving licence to the DVLNI. Ensure that you tick the boxes for all the licence categories that you want a provisional entitlement for (eg Category C).
3. On receipt of your provisional licence you can proceed with the 4 modules required to obtain a commercial licence.
4. Module 1 - Theory test and Hazard Perception. Prior to sitting a theory test it is recommended that you study driver theory. Books are available from all major retailers and DVDs / CD Roms are also available. Training is available at Transport Training Services Ltd on request.
5. Module 2 - Theory test case study exam. (From Sept 2009)
6. Once you have passed your theory test you can be assessed by a TTS instructor to estimate the number of training days required.
7. Module 3 - Practical Driving Test. Your training will conclude with a practical test at a DVTA testing centre.
8. Module 4 - Driver CPC Practical test (from Sept 2009)
9. Once you have passed all modules you can then have your licence endorsed with this full LGV category.