The course provider will give you all the information you need (with no obligation)
Receive alert emails about other courses like this
ShareEmbed on your website
Venues and dates
Close ↑Open ↓
Close ↑Open ↓
Method / place Classroom-based in York
Brief description This course provides an understanding to Black Belt level of the tools and techniques used in both six sigma and lean sigma and provide an opportunity for the delegates to practise on real problems. Suitable for: Personnel who have a problem solving need in their day-to-day work and need a structured approach to problem solving.
Price £4,750 + VAT
Close ↑Open ↓
Master Black Belt
Master Black Belt
Close ↑Open ↓
The course is very practical and demystifies all the terminology normally associated with Lean Sigma. Simulations, exercises and practical demonstrations are used wherever possible. Minitab is also taught throughout the course. Each delegate must also bring a project to the training so that they can work on it while they are being trained. They are then given 8 hours of coaching to help them with their projects. This ensures that the projects will be successful providing pay back for all delegates.
Following completion of the course, an exam and 2 successful projects delegates can then apply to certify as Black Belts.
Overview / who should attend and why?
This Lean Six Sigma course is designed for personnel who have a problem solving need in their day-to-day work and need a structured approach to problem solving.
Lean Six Sigma is the most robust methodology used today for solving problems in an organisation. It ensures that a structured approach based on data is used so that the best solutions are generated and that they are then embedded in an organisation. This course provides an understanding to Black Belt level of the tools and techniques used in both six sigma and lean sigma and provide an opportunity for the delegates to practise on real problems
100% Effective training’s Black Belt course covers all the technical skills associated with Lean and Six Sigma but also the soft skills required to ensure the projects are a success. This included working in teams, facilitation, change management, NLP and influencing skills. This is what makes our course different and very successful.
* To explain the concepts associated with six sigma and lean sigma * To provide a new method for problem solving * To understand how you can solve problems more effectively using Black Belt tools and techniques * To enable the delegates to complete a projects more successfully * To demonstrate and practise using the tools in the methodology * To equip delegates to be effective internal consultants and ensure that solutions are embedded in the organisation
The course is run typically in three weekly blocks of 5 days with a few weeks separating the training to enable delegates to work on their project.
* Introduction and Admin – SPACER * Introduction to Lean Six Sigma - history, terminology, explanations * Exercises on 7 Wastes and Calculating Sigma * Structure and roles in Lean Six Sigma * Overview of the stages of Lean Six Sigma - DMAIC * Certification and project set up * Gate review process * DFSS overview
* Define phase overview * Project Charters explained * Sigma Logic * Problem statements followed by exercise * In / Out of Scope followed by exercise * SMART goals followed by exercise * SIPOC followed by exercise * Team Creation, RACI and communications planning followed by exercise * Voice of the customer / CTQ’s followed by exercise * QFD * Stakeholder analysis * Project Planning, * Risk Assessment and FMEA with exercise * Project Launch, Project Folder followed by exercise
Measure Phase – Minitab used throughout
* Types of data * Basic stats * Central Tendency * Variation and Tampering * Graphical displays – Histograms, dot plots, box plots etc * Introduction to Minitab * Measure phase overview * Process Mapping * Value Stream mapping * Data collection planning * Measurement systems analysis and Gauge R&R * Sampling * Process capability * Control charts * Moments of truth * Theory of constraints * Summary of Measure
Analyse Phase – Minitab used throughout
* Analyse phase overview * Brainstorming * Cause and Effect diagrams * Data analysis – Pareto charts, run charts, frequency charts etc * Confidence intervals * Distributions * Hypothesis testing * T tests * F tests * ANOVA * Chi squared * Design of Experiments * Regression and correlation * Summary of analyse phase
* Cup game to practice DMA phases * Improve Phase overview * Generating solutions and creativity * 5S and visual management * Little’s law * Takt time * Kanban and Flow (Push v Pull) * TPM & OEE * SMED * Poka Yoka * Kaizen * Reducing complexity * Standardisation * Evaluating and selection solutions – Decision matrix etc * Pilot testing * Identifying solutions * Cup game to practice Improve phase
Control Phase and course wrap up
* Control Phase overview * Control plans * Saving calculation – Cost of non quality * Project close out / handovers * DMAIC summary * Exam * Wrap up
Effective Black Belt skills
* Presentation skills * Facilitation skills * Listening skills * Questioning skills * Lift Speeches * Presenting your findings * Team working including Belbin and exercise * Running Kaizen events * Running simulation exercises * NLP * Body Language * Feedback and coaching * Change management business * Change management people * Motivation skills * Influencing skills * Time management skills * Basic Problem solving tools o Affinity diagrams o Decision trees o Brainstorming / Negative brainstorming o Force field analysis o Voting
Benefits of attendance
* Understanding of Six Sigma and Lean * Change the way you tackle projects and problems to become more effective * Enable the delegate to complete a project and demonstrate benefits * Understand the tools and techniques associated with Lean Six Sigma * Ability to apply for Black Belt certification * Understand the softer skills needed to implement a successful project
Duration and Location
* The duration is 12 days 9:00 till 17:00 * Training courses UK Wide -regular courses in London, Manchester, Leeds and Edinburgh