Paralegal SecretarialInternational Career Institute
- Distance Learning
Frequent Asked Questions
· Who is it intended for?
Our program is designed for those who seek to enter the profession and for experienced paralegals and legal secretaries who wish to improve their skills and upgrade credentials.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Students may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC). The courses offered by ICI are unique as they take a very “hands on” approach. Our courses are not designed to teach you just the “theory” behind the industry – they are written and tutored by industry professionals and will fast-track you into a new career of your choice.
· What marks this course apart?
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable. Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you’ll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
· What is a paralegal exactly?
Paralegals are the support staff to the legal profession of Barristers and Solicitors. Support includes paralegal staff, legal secretaries, legal administrative assistants, receptionists, registration clerks, accounts clerks and others. Legal secretaries develop advanced practical skills in research, reporting and preparation of legal documents and have a thorough understanding of the concepts, terminology and documentation specific to courts and legal offices.
What you'll learn on the course
- Apply knowledge of the legal system to complete tasks
- Carry out search of the public record
- Apply the principles of confidentiality and security within the legal environment
- Handle receipt and despatch of information
- Use legal terminology in order to carry out tasks
- Assist in prioritising and planning activities in a legal practice
- Work effectively in a business environment
- Produce business documents
- Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- Maintain records for time and disbursements in a legal practice
- Court documentation