Part Time VTCT Cosmetic Make-Up (H)Ealing Hammersmith and West London College
- Vocational qualification
Frequent Asked Questions
- Keen interest in specialist area - Work Experience in this field - Creativity - Good Dexterity and hand, eye co-ordination - You will be required to purchase a kit @ £160.00, plus a black shirt @ £17.00. Black trousers and shoes will need to be provided by yourself (no trainers allowed). - Professional appearance is of paramount importance in the Salon to create the right image to attract clientel.
This course is for you if:
you are 16+ and
- are interested in cosmetic makeup
- are beauty therapists wishing to update your practical skills
Timetable: Tue 18:00 - 21:00
Course Start Date (s): Sep
There are a small number of courses where the full fee has to be paid by everyone, these are known as Commercial Activity Programmes (previously known as FULL COST courses). Unfortunately, we do not offer any reductions or discounts irrespective of age, status or circumstances.
About the course:
The application of cosmetic make-up constitutes a substantial industry requiring specialised knowledge of products and their use. Critical aspects of the qualification are the ability to provide a client with enhancement of appearance through the use of cosmetics and to be able to specify their further use by the client on a daily basis. Candidates will practice the preparation and cleansing of skin, applying make-up for all skin colours and undertones in a competent and effective manner. The make-up is planned taking into account the needs of the client, face shape, features and how appearance can be changed by specified make-up techniques. Make-up products and their uses for different skin types and for different occasions are studied. The application of false eyelashes is included. The candidate will be able to demonstrate the make-up application to the client and advise on home-care products. Removal of products and contra-actions (adverse reactions) will be advised on
This programme is very popular with all students as we have experienced industry trained professional in addition to well equipped salons. To ensure that students have the knowledge of the subjects students are supported with our interactive learning web which has been specially designed to make studying easier and more exciting. Logging on, you will find a wealth of information about hairdressing topics aimed at helping you to make the best use of your time in and out of college. Students are able to access study guides, notes, demonstrations, timetable information and have their own email addresses.
The College Learning Centres have an excellent range of facilities and provide all the information needed for studying this qualification. There is a mix of traditional learning facilities such as books, videos, magazines and newspapers as well as access to a wide range of on-line resources. Each Learning Centre has facilities for groups work as well as quiet study areas. The College offers first-class tutorial and welfare services to provide support and guidance whenever it is needed.
Mode of attendance - one evening a week
The subjects taught are:
- Anatomy and Physiology of head and neck
- Skin care analysis
- Skin Tones
- Day and evening corrective make-up
- Eyecare treatments, eyelash perming
- Health, Safety and Hygiene
- Business Plan
- course work
- Practical assessments
- Written Exam
After the course:
You could :
- progress to an NVQ level 2 Beauty Therapy programme
- seek employment with cosmetic companies as a consultant
- Progress to Fashion Photographic Make-up Course
- Progress to MA Diploma