PFAA Paediatric First AidKawns Safety Services Ltd
Learn first aid specific to children and infants.
Suitable for: Our training course should be attended by anyone who has a responsibility in the care for children. Any carer in a childminding, crèche, babysitting or the workplace where children are supported and anyone who has a responsibility for the care of under 12's. Any parent or guardian.
Sanderson Centre, Lees Lane, Gosport, Hants, Po12 3ul, PO12 3UL, Hampshire, England
Pfaa paediatric first aid
- accident approach
- dealing with unconsciousness
- treating someone who has stopped breathing and whose heart has stopped
- dealing with wounds & bleeding
- looking after a casualty who is shocked
- recognising medical conditions such as diabetes, epilepsy & asthma
- treating broken bones and soft tissue injuries
- recognising hypothermia and treating it
- looking after burns and scalds
- how to help a poisoned victim
- obtaining advanced medical assistance
- legislation, ofsted, ncma & pla policy and first aid kits
- dealing with sudden illness in children
- first aid for specific medical conditions, epilepsy, diabetes, allergies, asthma, meningitis, sickle cell & haemophilia.
- Dealing with convulsions and fits
If you are a registered childminder in hampshire we are supplying free courses