Presentation SkillsLondon School of Public Relations (LSPR)
- 6 hours of class
Frequent Asked Questions
· Who is it intended for?
Professionals who are looking to develop and excel their communication skills.
Previous experience within PR is not a requirement. A key feature of our approach is that if you have a good education and commercial experience, you should be able to learn quickly. Our courses provide the important balance between theory and practice so as to enable a delegate to quickly understand what a modern PR and reputation practitioner has to deal with. The training materials and content are very practical and hands-on, designed for a delegate to apply the skills to the job at hand.
· What marks this course apart?
You will work towards better presentation skillset, focusing on body language, delivery, confidence and communication skills.
· What happens after requesting information?
You will be contacted by a course advisor who will send you general information on the course and start dates and how to book your place. You will be encouraged to contact us back, in order that we can answer specific questions and provide you with the details you are looking for.
· Do I need to be a graduate in order to enrol on the course?
Our entry requirements reflect the needs of the industry. The PR and communication sectors are generally graduate entry, although there are exceptions and people with relevant experience within a commercial environment, who do not hold a degree, would be welcome. We will accept non-graduates with less than one years' commercial experience, although not necessarily in PR, it would be preferable to have experience within a communications-related industry. If in any doubt, please do not hesitate to contact us by telephone or email. Graduates will have greater opportunities than non-graduates to secure a position, but given that PR and related functions are creative roles, experience and the ability to demonstrate a creative portfolio are also important. For those who are non-graduates, the course can consolidate the training with commercial experience to enable a delegate to be more marketable. Please contact the Course Director if you have any questions relating to entry.
· Does the course have an international recognition?
Yes. LSPR is one of the largest providers of educational training globally. We currently have franchise operations in: Bosnia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Macedonia, Latvia, Malaysia, Poland, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Syria, Turkey and the USA. In Poland and the Czech Republic, LSPR works in conjunction with the National PR Associations, ZFPR in Poland and APRA in the Czech Republic. In addition, many of the PR agencies that we work with are ICCO members.
What you'll learn on the course
Negotiation with suppliers
Teachers and trainers (1)
Susan is a co-founder and Executive Director of Skill-Pill Mobile Learning, offering mobile learning and information solutions to businesses.Susan is a member of the Advisory Board of the London School of Public Relations and a partner of ASC Training & Consulting. As a trained journalist she worked on a London newspaper in the early part of her career. She also specialises in media and public speaking training for executives, educators and professionals. As an international trainer, Susan teaches at a number of leading Universities in the USA, including San Jose State and USF (Tampa).
Morning: 10am — 1pmIntroduction: Body Language
- Personal image – perception and identity
- Creating a strong and positive first impression
- Understanding body language
- Using body language to create impact
- Use of gestures to create emphasis
- Importance of eye contact
- Voice awareness and pitch
- Voice control techniques
- Using your voice to create impact and emphasis
- Using your voice assertively
- Speaking with confidence
- Developing your “unique” style and voice delivery
- Understanding your audience
- Modifying your style of presentation to the type of audience
- Building trust and rapport with your audience
- Using inspirational stories to create a connection that leads to engagement with the audience
- Using the correct language and style to create influence
- Listening to the audience and applying emotional intelligence
Afternoon: 2pm — 5pmDeveloping your Unique Style of Delivery
- Establishing your presence and developing charisma
- Bringing your personality to life
- Developing a confident, focused style that creates a positive impact
- How to open and close a presentation
- Getting your key points made within the first few seconds of opening
- Keeping to message and maintaining consistent focus throughout the presentation
- Time management
- Anticipating questions and preparing answers
- Managing the Q & A session
- Handling difficult and challenging questions
- GROUP BOOKING - 20% off group booking for 3 or more people* from the same organisation.
- ALUMNI LOYALTY SCHEME - 20% off any course fee*.
- 2 FOR 1 - bring a colleague, friend or family member for free* on the same course
- FREELANCERS AND CHARITIES - 15% off any course fee*.
* The offers are subject to availability and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Terms and conditions apply.