Principles of the Safe Operation of Marine/Offshore High Voltage Power SystemsThe Faraday Centre
Price on request
This is an advanced training programme that requires a good foundation of electrical knowledge and experience of high voltage switching.
- Marine/offshore statutory electrical requirements
- Philosophy of high voltage distribution
- Operational and safety features of switchgear
- Operational Procedures
- Marine / offshore high voltage safety rules
- Basic fault calculations
- Marine / offshore application of electrical protection
- Principles of power management systems
- Outline of electrical testing
- Electrical maintenance
- Case studies
- Automatic voltage regulation
- Practical exercises (2-switching/ safety documents/ synchronisation)
- Course review
This course is more advanced course than the MAR4 course and includes a wider range of technical aspects with less emphasis on switching operations.
Candidates who successfully complete the theoretical and practical competence assessments will receive a Faraday 'Competence' certificate, candidates who fail or do not wish to undertake the competence assessments will receive a Faraday 'Attendance' certificate.