Public ServicesSouth Essex College
Price on request
What you'll learn on the course
- searching for a job
- conduct at work
- well-being and fitness for public service
- public service group project
- public service careers
- improving health and fitness for entry into the uniformed public services
- personal skills for the public services
- managing your health at work
- forensic detection
- introduction to security work in the public services.
- undertake a formal presentation and be able to answer questions in a formal interview
We expect all our public services students to wear a uniform when they attend College. The uniform consists of black trousers / skirt (not jeans) with black shoes and a golf shirt and/or fleece with the South Essex College logo. The golf shirt/fleece will be purchased via the Colleges approved supplier. As an alternative to the black trousers / skirt and black shoes you may choose to opt for smart black combat trousers and plain black trainers. Apart from pen and paper, you also will need clothing suitable for the fitness and sports units.
Most students will experience a residential visit, so a sleeping bag, suitable walking and bad weather clothing will be expected.
A key element of your course is the attainment of Functional Skills (English and Maths). You will study both of these essential functional skills.