Receive alert emails about other courses like this
ShareEmbed on your website
Venues and dates
Close ↑Open ↓
1st Floor, The Royal Bank Building, 57 High Street,
Highlands and Islands,
Close ↑Open ↓
Duration 6 Weeks
Method / place Blended in Forres/Inverness (Highlands and Islands)
Suitability Individuals who wish to gain a range of essential office and computer skills to fast-track them into a secretarial role.
Course objectives To provide you with the essential skills to start a secretarial career with complete confidence.
Requirements No formal entry requirements. If you would prefer to study as distance learning then you must have access to a PC
Certificate / Qualification Pitman Training National Diploma
Price £2,298 VAT inc.
If you earn less than £22,000 per year, live in Scotland and are over 16 years old then you may be eligible for ILA funding of £200.
Close ↑Open ↓
• Computer Keyboard Skills –Learn how to touch type accurately, using the correct keyboard technique.
• Keyboard Speed Development – Develop your typing speed to improve productivity using graded copying exercises and timed dictations. A number of stages are available, taking you up to a speed of 70 wpm
• Effective Business Communication – Learn to communicate effectively in business – by letter, email, telephone and personal presentations. OR
• Business Document Production – Develop skills and understanding of routine and complex business documents. • Audio Transcription – Learn to type from audio dictation using a variety of correspondence e.g. memos, reports and letters.
• Microsoft Word – Learn word processing skills to a good business standard.
• Microsoft Excel – Learn spreadsheet skills to a good business standard.
• Microsoft PowerPoint – Gain competency in creating slide presentations. Areas covered include formatting, inserting tables, pictures, sound, hyperlinks, and applying transition and timing effects to a slide show.
• Microsoft Outlook – Learn how to share, manage and schedule information electronically.
Recommended Electives – choose TWO:
• Introduction to Computers • Internet Skills
• Microsoft Word Expert
• Microsoft Publisher
• Microsoft Access
• Create, Manage and Integrate Files
The above are recommended electives for this Diploma. Alternative subjects may be chosen. Please discuss the options with your Course Advisor. Benefits
Equip you to start a new career
The flexibility and value of a self-study course designed to enable you to work at your own pace
Personalised workbooks to use as a reference guide on completion of your training
The opportunity to gain a Pitman Training Diploma that is recognised nationally and internationally by employers