Secretarial & PA Training – OnlineGlobal Edulink
- Intensive course
- 20 hours of study
- Online campus
Frequent Asked Questions
· Who is it intended for?
– New to a career as a Secretary or Personal Assistant and want to gain a professional qualification to help you to do your job well and begin to work your way up the career ladder; – An experienced Secretary or Personal Assistant seeking a professional qualification to improve your prospects of a promotion or more senior role. You could also use this qualification to go on to train as a Medical or Legal Secretary.
You do not need to have any previous experience or qualifications to enrol, though you must be aged at least 19 years and have a basic understanding of English Language, Literacy, Numeracy and ICT to attend.
Successful candidates will be awarded “Certificate in Executive Secretarial and Personal Assistant Training”.
· What happens after requesting information?
On receiving your request, one of our staff members will call you or send you a message by explaining everything about the course you are requesting information, including how you can sign up, payment options, exam, and enrollment requirements etc.
What you'll learn on the course
RECORD KEEPING AND FILING
Delivering Postal Mail
Teachers and trainers (1)
The online course can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and is easy to fit into your day-to-day schedule with no need to spend time or money on travel. Professionally-narrated tutorials are delivered and interspersed with interesting, interactive quizzes and tests to ensure that you are absorbing the information from the tutorials.
We provide extensive support to build your confidence and give you the encouragement to complete the full course. You will learn all the skills you need to be an effective Secretary or Personal Assistant and by the end of the course you will be confident in the following areas:
– Diary management, scheduling and time management,
– Understanding confidentiality,
– Communicating effectively and assertively,
– Drafting business documents (reports, letters, emails, minutes, notes),
– Data management and filing,
– Recognising and understanding different management skills (to help you to work well with your boss)
– Customer service,
– Taking dictation,
– Finance (bookkeeping, invoicing),
– Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
1. JOB FUNCTIONS AND DESCRIPTION OF A SECRETARY/ AND PA
- Job functions and Description of a Secretary/ PA
2. DIARY MANAGEMENT
- Diary Management
- Diary and Time Management with Outlook
3. BUSINESS REPORTS AND LETTER WRITING
- Business Writing Skills
- Introduction to Business Report Writing
- Exploring Reports
- How to Prepare for Writing
- Exercise Files: Business Report Writing
4. E-MAILS WRITING TIPS
- Introduction to Effective Email Writing
- Writing Email Messages
- Email Manners
5. HANDLING CONFIDENTIAL DOCUMENTS
- Handling Confidential Documents
6. SUCCESSFUL MEETING MINUTES
- Taking Minutes
7. NOTE TAKING
- Note Taking
- Exercise Files: Note Taking
8. DATA MANAGEMENT, RECORD KEEPING AND FILING
- Data Management & Record Keeping
9. APPOINTMENT BOOKING AND ARRANGING INTERVIEWS
- Appointment Booking and Arrange an Interview
10. DELIVERING POSTAL MAIL
- Delivering Postal Mail
12. CUSTOMER SERVICE AND TELEPHONE HANDLING SKILLS
- Customer Service Basics Over the Phone
- Get the facts- ask the right questions
- Discuss Solutions- learning to listen
- Dealing with difficult customer
- Developing Inbound & Outbound Telephone Skills
- Hot Telephone Tips
13. ORGANISING A MEETING
- Organising a Meeting
- Exercise Files: Organising Meeting
- Introduction to Accounting
- Financial & Managerial Accounting
15. INVOICING/PETTY CASH
- Invoicing and Petty cash
16. DOCUMENT PROOFREADING
- Document Proofreading
17. TIPS FOR SPEED READING
- Tips for Speed Reading
18. MICROSOFT WORD
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- First Step to MS Word
- Text Editing & Formatting
- Formatting Paragraph and Pages
- Creating Styles, Themes, Number and Bullets
- Columns & Tables
- Macros and Proofing
- Sharing and Reviewing Documents
- Modify Word Document
- Exercise Files: Microsoft Word 2016
19. MICROSOFT EXCEL
- Getting Started with Microsoft Excel
- Data Entering
- Creating Formulas and Functions
- Worksheet Views, Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
- IF, VLOOKUP, and Power Functions, Security & Sharing
- Data Management, Data Analysis Tools
- PivotTables & Macros
- Exercise Files: Microsoft Excel 2016
20. MICROSOFT POWERPOINT
- Getting Started with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Working with Presentations & Slides
- Adding Pictures & Contents to Slides
- Adding Shapes, Diagrams, Charts, Video, Audio, and Animation to Slides
- Preparing & Delivering the Presentation
- Reusing and Sharing Presentations
- Exercise Files: Microsoft PowerPoint 2016
Benefits you will gain:
By enrolling in to this course, you’ll get:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- Includes step-by-step tutorial videos and an effective, professional support service.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Access Course Content on Mobile, Tablet or Desktop.
- Study in a user friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
At Global Edulink, we design courses that teach practical, up-to-date skills that you can use immediately within your job. We are a leading training provider in the UK and have constructed this course in a way that will make you employable as a highly able Secretary or Personal Assistant.