SIA Close Protection CourseCRW Security Training
The Edexcel Level 3 BTEC Certificate in Close Protection Operations is a 140-hour qualification consisting of 1 unit: Working as a Close Protection Operative.
The course covers the following:
- Legislation that is relevant to people working in the Close Protection industry
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Close Protection Operative
- The importance of Threat Assessment and Risk Management
- Surveillance techniques
- Venue Security operations
- Designing and demonstrating operational planning
- The importance of interpersonal skills
- The importance of team work
- The importance of reconnaissance
- How to conduct Close Protection foot drills
- The importance of planning and selecting routes
- Vehicle movement tactics and operations
- Search techniques and procedures for Close Protection operations
- How to apply conflict management techniques while providing Close Protection
During this part of the course we also dedicate time to:
- Interview Techniques and CV writing
- Understanding the Private Security Industry
- Completion of the SIA Licence Application Form
- Unarmed Combat Skills
- Bringing in experts (and potential employers) working within the Private Security Industry
Please note there will be a weekend break part way through this module during which candidates will be asked to complete individual assignments. The Module culminates in a realistic close protection exercise.
In order to achieve the qualification candidates must pass the following:
- an externally set and externally marked multiple-choice test
- an internally set and internally assessed portfolio, which includes a practical assessment.
Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Close Protection
This course is offered either residentail or non-residential, and can also include our CP Team Medic for just an additional £300 + VAT.