Vocational Assessor(A1) Level 3Mapalim
This award is for those who assess NVQs in the workplace using a candidate's diverse evidence. Assessors must be competent in the occupational area they wish to assess. Assessors/verifiers can be employed in almost every occupational area, wherever NVQ/SVQ qualifications exist such as administration, care, catering, construction, customer service, hairdressing, engineering or retail.
The award covers assessing of candidates by using different assessment methods, Including:
* Watching candidates perform in the work place
* Asking candidates questions
* Taking account of past experiences and achievements
* Setting tests
* Setting projects and tasks
* Arranging simulation
* Assessing the candidate's report of their work
* Using evidence from other people, including peers and witnesses
The timescale of this training is dependent on the current experience of the trainee assessor. It would usually take 6 sessions of 2 hour tutorials for a candidate to fully understand and be able to carry out the different complexities of the role. An assessor must complete the A1 unit within one year of commencing their role.
The Assessor course is comprised of one unit - Assess candidates using a range of methods. The unit is comprised of the following four unit elements:
* Develop plans for assessing competence with candidates
* Judge evidence against criteria to make assessment decisions
* Provide feedback and support to candidates on assessment decisions
* Contribute to the internal quality assurance process
The awarding body for this qualification is Edexcel.
Assessment is based on collating relevant material from within your own organisation. It also includes assessing the competence of those who assess candidates as a major part of their role.