To ensure the candidate is competent in the safe handling of a 360 excavator.
Suitable for: Anybody operating a 360 excavator and needs to prove competence in the handling of these potentially dangerous machines. This can include agriculture, horticulture, equine, utility companies, forestry, amenity etc.
To take into account
Overalls, eye protection, high visibility jacket, work gloves steel toe capped boots, hard hat, and appropriate outdoor clothing for the weather.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
360° Excavator - Agriculture / Food
Practical training with knowledge delivered through course notes.
- 10 Days - Novice Operators
- 3 Days - Semi Experienced Operators
- 2 Days - Experienced Operators
- 1 Day - Correct bad habits and Assessment Content.
- Legal and statutory legislation related to 360 excavators
- Risk assessments of the machine and the site
- Pre-start checks and routine maintenance
- Recognise instrument readings and operate all the controls
- Inspect vehicle and comment on serviceability
- Operate the machine with:
- Change buckets
- Carry out excavations - level
- Excavate a trench - level and to dimensions
- Reinstate excavation
- Handle on rough terrain.
- Post operation expectations and reporting defects.
Progression to: Forklift Truck, Machine Maintenance, CPCS certification
Number of Candidates: 2 - 4