Course not currently available

Access To Higher Education Diploma Pathway (Health) (I)

Gateshead College

In Gateshead ()

Price on request

Description

  • Typology

    A Level

Description

Students must acquire a minimum of 15 credits at Level 2 and 45 Credits at Level 3. of modules are: Level 2. English language. Study skills. Exam technique. IT. Quantitative methods.

To take into account

Experience of recent study at Level 2 such as GCSEs at grade A* to C or OCN progression Caertificate Access to Health and Care. Vocational experience is desirable but not essential. An interview with the course leader is required.

Questions & Answers

Ask a question and other users will answer you

We will only publish your name and question

Course programme


Access To Higher Education Diploma Pathway (Health) (I) AAA0009

Is it for me?
Whether you are interested in becoming a nurse or entering another health service profession, our courses are especially relevant to current priorities in the delivery of health and welfare services.
You can study with us to become part of this essential and worthwhile sector, or simply build on your existing knowledge and skills and progress your career in your chosen area.
What do I need?
Experience of recent study at Level 2 such as GCSEs at grade A* to C or OCN progression Caertificate Access to Health and Care. Vocational experience is desirable but not essential. An interview with the course leader is required.
Please note that acceptance on to some courses may be subject to a satisfactory police clearance. Further guidance will be given by the course team at interview or induction. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to studying on this course, a number of factors will be taken in to consideration.
What will I study?
Students must acquire a minimum of 15 credits at Level 2 and 45 Credits at Level 3.
of modules are:
Level 2
  • English language
  • Study skills
  • Exam technique
  • IT
  • Quantitative methods
Level 3
  • Health promotion
  • Sociology of health
  • Professional skills
  • Applied human biology
  • Biology 1
  • English Language
  • Quantitative methods
  • Psychological aspects of health
The course is also designed to encourage individualised learning and develop your research skills, communications and information technology. Students are encouraged to find their own work placement, especially if they have no previous related work experience.
Where will I study?
Baltic Campus
You'll be based at our fantastic £39million Baltic campus on the quayside. The campus has a prime location on Gateshead quayside, and state-of-the-art facilities including a Jacuzzi, gym and sauna, a 200 seat theatre, state-of-the-art classrooms, training kitchen and restaurant, refectory, bistro and vending areas.
How will I be assessed?
A variety of assessment strategies are used including assignments, group activities, reports, end tests and practical experiments. Coursework and assignments will make up 70% of the assessment and the remaining 30% is through exams.
How will I be taught?
You will be taught using a variety of methods, including case studies, group discussions, debates and presentations and independent study.
What qualification will I get?
Successful candidates should achieve 15 credits at level 2 and 45 credits at level 3. They will then gain an OCNNER Level 3 Access Health and Welfare qualification which will enable you to progress into Higher Education.
Can I go on to further study?
You can enter into Higher Education, i.e. nursing (RN, Dip, HE), and midwifery degree, health studies degree or other health related professional qualifications.
What are the career opportunities?
Nursing, midwifery, occupational therapy and other health/social/care professions.
Does it include key skills?
This course offers core skills in numeracy and IT.
How do I apply?
You can drop in to our Baltic Campus to complete an application form.
An interview is required for this course.

Access To Higher Education Diploma Pathway (Health) (I)

Price on request