Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
- What is Autism? – The history of Autism and an overview of Autistic Spectrum Disorders.
The triad of impairment
· Social Communication - Looks at how we communicate and what function it serves, concentrating on verbal and non verbal cues and visually supported techniques used to support client’s with Autism.
· Sensory Issues – How senses such as sight, smell, hearing and touch can be hypersensitive in Autistic service users and how to manage the environment to minimise potential distress
· Social interaction – Lack of understanding and difficulties in making friendships, inappropriate social behaviours and lack of social skills
· Social Imagination – We look at difficulties experienced in understanding how others think, feel and react and problems with imagination
· Behaviour –Obsessions, rituals and routines and their importance, what purpose they serve.