To gain a more practical, day-to-day understanding, and methods of working with those who have the lifelong experience of Autism Spectrum Conditions including Aspergers Syndrome.
Suitable for: TM's, ATMs, Social Workers, Social Care Officers with BOTH Adult & Children's Services.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
Delegates MUST have completed basic autism training or have a basic understanding. Delegates MUST attend both days: 12+19 October 2010.
By the end of the course delegates should be able to gain a different awareness of Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC) through pragmatic information.
- To clarify diagnostic processes.
- To understand ASC in ways that are realistic and helpful in your day to day work.
- To appreciate how experiences of children with ASC impact and are reflected in teenage and adulthood years.
- To gain awareness of what the behaviours we observe might be reflecting.
- To consider what strategies would benefit those you work with and your service. How these may be implemented and/or adapted into
your service/s and case work.
- To confidentially begin to apply this information to your case work.
- To have the opportunity of sharing and networking with colleagues from different services.