The Organization for Tourism and Hospitality Management (OTHM) of UK in collaboration with the London South Bank University (LSBU) offers professional qualifications in tourism and hospitality management. The organization has already obtained worldwide recognition for good practice. OTHM students have clear access to the LSBU's BA (Hons) Programme in Tourism and Hospitality and their MSc in International Tourism Marketing.
Brit College is an approved study Center in London to provide tuition for the Tourism and Hospitality Management (OTHM) courses. We are committed to uphold the OTHM standards to ensure the right placements of our graduates.
OTHM PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE
This six month programme provides knowledge of roles of supply chain in the tourism and hospitality industry. It also gives an indication of the main forces driving the fastest growing industry.
The OTHM professional certificate consists of the following four(4) modules:
1. Introduction to Travel, Tourism and Hospitality
2. Introduction to the Business Environment
3. Introduction to Business Communication and Customer Care
4. Introduction to Business and Finance
*Each module requires 45 hours of classroom teaching.
OTHM PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA
This one-year programme follows successful completion of the professional certificate course. This level requires thorough study of the roles of industry players and the issues in tourism and hospitality management.
This Level requires six modules:
1. Tourism Marketing and Management
2. Hospitality Marketing and Management
3. Human Resource Management
4. Tourism and Hospitality Operations Management
5. Financial Management and Information Systems
6. Customer Relations and the Business Environment
OTHM PROFESSIONAL HIGHER DIPLOMA LEADING TO BA (HONS) IN TOURISM AND HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
This is also a one-year programme followed by a diploma and a professional certificate programme for someone with same industry experience at a suitable level in lieu of the qualifications.
Modules of Study
1. Marketing Communications for Tourism and Hospitality
2. International Tourism & Hospitality Business Environment
3. Corporate Business Strategy and Finance
4. Management Information Systems
5. Strategic Human Resource Management
6. Project: Operations Management in the Business Environment
Final Year: At London South Bank University.
- Applicants must be 18 years or over.
- Introductory Certificate: Open access to anyone who wishes to commence or have commenced work in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry.
- Certificate: Holders of OTHM Introductory Certificate. 5 GCSE's or 5 O'Levels or equivalent academic qualifications. Mature students with at least 5 years relevant experience. English Language Competency.
- Diploma: Holders of OTHM Certificate or equivalent. Mature students with a minimum of 8 year's experience including 3 year's management experience. English Language Competency.
- Higher Diploma: Holders of OTHM Diploma or equivalent. 1st Degree or HND/HNC or equivalent. English Language Competency.