In Edinburgh and London
To be able to teach groups of parents how to massage their babies.
Suitable for: Qualified massage therapists
To take into account
Accredited and externally verfied level 3 qualification A&P and Massage
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
This course is suitable for qualified therapists only, with an NVQ Level 3 in A&P and Massage such as ITEC or VTCT. You must sign a form to confirm that you hold A&P and Massage qualifications as required and are professionally insured.
Massage is a great combination of touch and attention that babies love. For babies, being massaged by their parents is probably the best remedy for most of their day to day problems. Whether it’s colic, tiredness or tooth ache, baby is distracted with play while the massage produces some of those much needed endorphins. So we know the babies will love the massage and if they’re happy, everybody’s happy! This very practical two-day course will teach you how to instruct groups of parents in why massage is so good and the best way to achieve its benefits; You’ll learn;
- What babies could be suffering from to cause their pain and crying – safety checks and when to refer
- How colic and constipation happen and what parents can do about them
- Why mothers and babies reactions to each other are so important and what mums and dads can do to help matters
- Baby cues and reactions to stimuli and how we can use those to settle babies
- A full teaching routine for conducting a group session, along with a massage sequence, which has worked well for many years
- How to market yourself to various groups through your practice and how to manage a safe and comfortable session for all concerned.
This course has been devised by a tutor with seventeen years experience of teaching baby massage to groups of parents and specialising in pregnancy massage. It will show you how to plan for and manage a group teaching environment and it will open up ideas of how to work with other family-related professionals to broaden your market. Course times: 10am to 5.30pm