This course is about assessing clients, preparing for and delivering manual Swedish body massage techniques in a safe, effective and hygienic manner. You will be shown how to adapt your massage to suit the needs of a range of clients.
To take into account
Students must hold an Anatomy & Physiology qualification Otherwise home study is required prior to the course, ask for details.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
• Health & safety / Hygiene and sterilisation
• Professional ethics
• Skin diseases and disorders / Contra-indications
• Related anatomy and physiology
• History and development of Massage
• Benefits and the effects
• Preparation of client including consultation and record keeping
• Materials, equipment and products
• Practical tuition on a classic Swedish body massage treatment
• Client after-care
Examination System -
Continual assessments takes place during the day. On completion of the course a final practical and written test is completed to assess knowledge gained during the course.
You will have the opportunity to join the industries associations that provide newsletters, insurance and other benefits to members. All courses at Athena Beauty Spa are accredited and recognised by Professional Beauty Direct.