CAT course options
LCA runs full-time and day release courses for the Certified Accounting Technician qualificaiton. For details of the course structures, fees and start dates, click on the links below.
The Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) qualification is structured and examined by ACCA (see ACCA section for further details about ACCA), and offers you the opportunity to further your career options. In studying for the CAT qualification, you may wish to start a career in finance, gain recognition for the skills you have already developed in accountancy or accelerate your progression to the ACCA professional scheme. CAT is the stepping stone for all of these aims. It also seeks to help you develop the skills needed for successful study in higher education.
No formal academic qualifications are necessary to enrol for a CAT course at LCA. Exemptions Holders of certain qualifications may receive exemptions from some papers. You may also be able to claim exemptions from the introductory level exams if you satisfy the one year's practical work experience requirement.
Exemption application dates
By 31 January - for June exams
By 31 July - for December exams
CAT exam dates
There are 2 exam sittings each year, June and December
Computer-based exams which are available for papers 1-4 may be sat throughout the year.
Successful completion of the first five CAT papers allows you to commence the ACCA professional qualification at the Knowledge Module level. Completion of all CAT levels means you will be exempted from the three Knowledge Module papers.
- Recording Financial Transactions (International variant)
- Information for Management Control Intermediate level
- Maintaining Financial Records (International variant)
- Accounting for Costs Advanced level
- Managing People and Systems
- Drafting Financial Statements (International variant)
- Planning, Control and Performance Management
PLUS two options from:
- Implementing Audit Procedures (International variant)
- Preparing Taxation Computations (UK)
- Managing Finances