Identify appropriate PPE. Identify safety features on a chainsaw. Identify faults and defects. Maintain guide bar and sharpen chains as recommended. Carry out manufacturers' routing maintenance. Start saw from cold and hot. Assess hazards in relation to task and ascertain correct techniques of dealing with same.
Suitable for: All personnel involved in the storage, handling and application of chainsaws.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
CHAINSAWThe objectives of the course are to enable delegates to:
- Identify appropriate PPE
- Identify safety features on a chainsaw
- Identify faults and defects
- Maintain guide bar and sharpen chains as recommended
- Carry out manufacturers’ routing maintenance
- Start saw from cold and hot
- Assess hazards in relation to task and ascertain correct techniques of dealing with same.
All personnel involved in the storage, handling and application of chainsaws.Course Summary
- Other current relevant regulations
- Maintenance of chainsaw
- Selection and use of appropriate PPE
- Start/stop a chainsaw
- Preparing a chainsaw for use
- Clearing the site
- Chainsaw sharpening
- Fuelling a chainsaw
- Testing a chainsaw
- Preparing site
- Environmental factors
Highly participative with practical demonstrations highlighted by use of OHP & Videos along with group and individual exercises.Course Duration
1-5 days depending upon experience and level of use.
This course is LANTRA approved and leads to a test set by NPTC (National Proficiency Tests Council).Certification
LANTRA or NPTC or Central Training Services Theory & Practical.