To gain knowledge and skills on Cascading Stylesheets (CSS).
Suitable for: Anyone
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
CSS Training Courses
Cascading Stylesheets (CSS) training courseCSS (Cascading Stylesheets), provide an excellent means to take full control over the formatting and presentation of your site from one centralised place. From your external CSS file you can control, manipulate and edit the appearance of your entire site.
- Basics of CSS: internal and external stylesheets
- Text formatting with CSS: font sizes, font family, line height, capitalisation, text decoration and font weight.
- Document style, layout and presentation with CSS: padding, margins, borders, colours, background colours and measurement units
- 2-dimensional text and object positioning with CSS:
- 3-dimensional positioning and layering with CSS using Z-index
- Using and positioning background images with CSS
- Classes and IDs with CSS, and issues with CSS inheritance
- Controlling hyperlinks with CSS: a:link, a:hover, a:visited
- Controlling unordered and ordered list styles with CSS
- Writing CSS stylesheets for different media (e.g. for screen, print, text ..)
- The W3C validation service for CSS and CSS concepts for web accessibility
There are numerous advantages to adopting the 100% or pure CSS approach, including significant reductions in technical administration, cleaner source code, better potential for search engine friendly and web accessibility friendly sites, and cleaner code also potentially means big reductions in content administration.