Education - EdD
London Metropolitan University exists to transforms lives. We take pride in helping students reach their goals and succeed in their future careers.The EdD offers a programme of research-based professional development for experienced professionals who have educational responsibilities within their employment.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
Achievements for this centre
London Met invests in you: from our purpose-built newsroom to our state-of-the-art superlab, we aim to create a stimulating and unique learning environment for our students. Our courses have received top marks from the UK's Quality Assurance Agency and many are accredited by a wide range of professional bodies. Our lecturers are leaders in their field: in the latest Research Assessment Exercise, over two-thirds of the University’s research output was judged to be world-leading, internationally excellent or internationally recognised.
We go the extra mile with our investment. We do this through our five-star promise, our pledge to connect our students with opportunities to boost their career skills. We put employability at the heart of our curriculum through helping you find placements, work experience and voluntary opportunities across a wide variety of organisations.Course structure
The Doctor of Education consists of six taught modules over the first two years, followed by a research-based thesis of 40,000-50,000 words.
Core modules, Year 1:
- Module 1 Education Policy and Social Justice: An Overview
- Module 2 Introduction to Theories and Methodologies of Educational Research
- Module 3 Evaluating Research and Reflecting on its Uses in Professional Contexts
Core modules, Year 2:
- Module 4 Policy, Practice and Social Justice in Educational Institutions
- Module 5 Research Proposal and Presentation
- Module 6 Conducting Educational Research: A Pilot Study
- Research-based thesis
Education - EdD