Blended learning in Forres/Inverness
Objectives: To provide you with essential skills to enable you to excel in the above role, using not only the traditional secretarial skills, including shorthand and typing, but also learning the latest Microsoft Office applications and undertaking specific professional training.
Suitable for: Designed for: Individuals who wish to gain advanced secretarial, IT and business skills to give you the extra advantage in preparation for a career as a Senior Executive Assistant. To enable you to provide an efficient and fully professional service to chief executives and other senior management.
Government funding available
(Highlands and Islands)
1st Floor, The Royal Bank Building, 57 High Street, IV36 1PB
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
• Computer Keyboard Skills –Learn how to touch type accurately, using the correct keyboard technique.
• Keyboard Speed Development – Develop your typing speed to improve productivity using graded copying exercises and timed dictations. A number of stages are available up to 70 wpm.
• Effective Business Communication – Learn to communicate effectively in business – by letter, email, telephone and personal presentations.
• Business Document Production – Develop skills and understanding of routine and complex business documents.
• Audio Transcription – Learn audio typing techniques to produce documents to a high degree of accuracy and skill.
• Microsoft Word – Learn word processing skills to a good business standard.
• Microsoft Word Expert – Learn advanced word processing skills including mail merge, graphs, macros, creating an index, table of contents and more.
• Microsoft Excel – Learn spreadsheet skills to a good business standard.
• Microsoft Excel Expert – Learn advanced spreadsheet skills, covering areas such as importing and exporting data, creating and using templates, linking workbooks, data management, using analysis tools and pivot tables.
• Microsoft Outlook – Learn how to share, manage and schedule information electronically.
• Microsoft PowerPoint – Gain competency in creating slide presentations. Areas covered include formatting, inserting tables, pictures, sound, hyperlinks, and applying transition and timing effects to a slide show.
• Microsoft Access – Develop database skills from initial design stage to running reports and queries.
• Microsoft Publisher – Learn desktop publishing skills to create various publications, inserting text, pictures and tables.
• Basic Book-keeping – Gain a clear understanding of the basic principles of book-keeping.
• Purchase Ledger – Become proficient at maintaining a manual purchase ledger.
• Sales Ledger – Become proficient at maintaining a manual sales ledger.
• Final Accounts I – Learn the principles of double-entry book-keeping in order to maintain a nominal ledger and extract a preliminary trial balance.
• Final Accounts II – Learn how to extend the trial balance in order to prepare the final accounts of a business (profit and loss accounts and balance sheet).
• Manual PAYE – Learn to calculate wages and salaries using Inland Revenue tables, understand tax codes, Inland Revenue forms, and how to complete them. Covers holiday pay, statutory sick and maternity pay.
• Sage Line 50 – Convert your manual book-keeping skills to computerised accounts using the most popular software.
• Sage Payroll – Convert your manual payroll skills to computerised skills using this most popular programme including
statutory sick and maternity pay.
• Numeric Data Entry – Learn efficient use of the numeric keyboard.
• Dreamweaver – Learn to create a website using the most popular industry standard web design programme.
• Introduction to HTML – Learn to create a website using Hypertext Mark-up Language (HTML).
• Go – Make a Difference! – Learn to make a difference, both professionally and personally, through self-development.
• Teeline or Pitman 2000 shorthand – Learn the complete theory of either shorthand system. This will enable you to take notes at speeds of up to 70 wpm.
Recommended Electives – choose FOUR:
• Introduction to Computers
• Internet Skills
• Meetings and Minutes seminar
• Executive PA Seminar
• Shorthand Speed Development
• Book-keeping Level 2 – A Study Guide
• Office 2007 Fast (Modules 1-3) Minutes and Meetings Seminar
• Office 2007 Fast (Modules 4-6)
The above are recommended electives for this Diploma. Alternative subjects may be chosen. Please discuss the options with your Course Advisor.