- Access to your course information on any device
- Make your own study schedule and take advantage of online tutoring hours
- Obtain a certified diploma once you finish the course.
All the following must be an integral part of the study of each topic area:
- Sociological theories, perspectives and methods
- The design of the research used to obtain data under consideration, including its strengths and limitations
Attention must be given to drawing out the links between topic areas studiedCore Themes-
Students must study the following two core themes:
- Socialisation, culture and identity
- Social differentiation, power and stratification
The themes should be understood and applied to particular substantive areas of Sociology. These themes are to be interpreted broadly as threads running through many areas of social life and should not therefore be regarded as discrete topics.
In addition, students must understand the significance of conflict and consensus, social structure and social action, and the role of 'values