- Tutors available online.
- Make your own study schedule and take advantage of online tutoring hours
- Obtain a certified diploma once you finish the course.
The Learning programme for the student, offers choice and scope in regards to the wider study of the business practices. The core aims of the diploma are to:
- The course encourages students’ to develop the critical, analytical and evaluative skills which will enable them to either go on to Higher Education to study a wide range of management courses, including: Accounting, Personnel, Law, logistics and many others.
This course consists of Ten Units and is a qualification awarded by Oxford Learning College, in its own right; with the quality assurance of a leading awarding body (CIE/ABC) that hallmarks this professional qualification.
Assessment Objectives (AO)
Students’ must select and demonstrate clearly, relevant knowledge and understanding through the use of evidence, examples and correct language and terminology appropriate to the course of study. In addition, for synoptic assessment, students’ should demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the connections between different elements of their course of study. This assessment, involves two written assignments: one halfway through the course and following the final unit. Both are assessed and graded by the assigned tutor, according to college procedures.
Students’ must critically evaluate and justify a point of view through the use of evidence and reasoned argument. In addition, for synoptic assessment, students should relate elements of their course of study to their broader context and to aspects of their own learned management experience.
Quality of Written Communication (QWC)
In addition, OLC require students’ to produce written material in English, candidates must: ensure that text is legible and that spelling, punctuation and grammar (SPG) are accurate so that meaning is clear; select and use a form and style of writing appropriate to studying a complex subject matter; organise information clearly and coherently, using specialist vocabulary when appropriate and Harvard referencing of citation and sources. In this Specification, SPG will be assessed in all tutor marked assignments (TMAs)
To ensure that we maintain quality standards; all our students written assignments are subject to our plagiarism policy and procedure.
OLC offer the opportunity to study Risk Management as a professional level 3 validated diploma course. The student will learn and/or review the many aspects of business administration; be able to apply and use that gained knowledge in most business sectors.
This course has several features:
- To develop an understanding of risk management theory and practice
- To treat the subject as a professional discipline, providing the academic knowledge, understanding and skills appropriate for specialist study.
- To teach students’ an enquiring, reflective and critical approach to the study of risk management and its many aspects.
- To encourage students’ to reflect on their own professional practice, the norms, perceptions, values and opinions in the light of their study.