- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop
- Make your own study schedule and take advantage of online tutoring hours
- Obtain a certified diploma once you finish the course.
The Distance Learning Airbrush Make-up Artist course is free to study in your own time at your own pace as we allow you 12 months to complete your course with unlimited Tutor support.
With High Definition at its peak, make up has to look perfect, flawless and long lasting which is why it‰Ûªs a ‰Û÷must have‰Ûª accessory used on celebrities, fashion models, bridal, TV and photographic work. Giving all day, flawless coverage without smearing, running, fading or caking, as well as being the most hygienic method of applying make up and in record time!
In order to participate in this course, you should have a previous make-up qualification (our Make-up Artist Diploma course would be sufficient).
The course will be delivered online including Tutor Support for 12 months. All assignments are marked by one of our professional Tutors who will offer regular feedback and guide you through your course. Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor and you must have access to email in order to contact your Tutor.
You will be provided with the telephone number for your dedicated Student Support Team who will be available for any other queries that you may have whilst completing your course. You can be assured that you will receive unlimited support for your home study course, so there is no need to struggle or feel isolated during your studies.
Firstly you will start by covering all of the theory needed to prepare you to work with clients, completing assignments, which will be marked by your Tutor. You will also have access to Video Tutorials which will be available before and after you have completed your practical day in order that you can continue to perfect the techniques you have learned and add new skills.
Once you are ready, we will then arrange for you to attend a day‰Ûªs practical training, with a choice of various locations (see attached). You will be assessed by observation of practical skills during the course together with oral questioning to clarify understanding.
You will be required to bring your own model on the practical day and they will be needed at various intervals. You will also need to bring a camera in order to take photos of your before and after shots (video cameras are not permitted). Your Dinair Airbrush Make-up kit will be available on the course day where you will learn the workings, maintenance and cleaning of the compressor & airbrush. You will also need to bring a couple of make-up brushes, mascara, wet wipes, natural eyeshadow shades, face cleanser & face moisturiser. Please wear professional attire.
Your course includes completion of the following modules all delivered in line with Habia guidelines:
- Health and Safety
- Consultation and Contra-Indications
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Skin
- Eyelash and brows
- Skin care
- Application of airbrush make-up and techniques
- Marketing and Starting your own Business
Your practical session will include the following:
- Full consultation and trial procedure
- Benefits of Airbrushing
- The workings, maintenance and cleaning of the compressor & airbrush ‰ÛÒ practical work to get the feel of the airbrush
- Mixing colours
- Demonstration of foundation application to create ‰Û÷perfect flawless‰Ûª skin followed by student practical
- Demonstration of eye shadow, blusher and lip application followed by student practical
- Trouble shooting
- Demonstration showing Fantasy/Face Painting techniques using stencils followed by student practical